04-04-2012 11:25 PM
64 123
tools
    Make sure you all do the same thing! No point in paying more the $0.01 for the Lumia 900 if you don't have to!
    The $0.01 price only applies to new customers. Upgrades are $120 and new family lines are $130.

I ordered mine around noon on Friday at the AT&T store. Easy process, in and out within 5 minutes. Cyan for me. I also got the email about the backorder, and I am not concerned, as the WPCentral article states, the system throws that exception (sorry, coder talk) because the product isn't currently being shipped. I expect by Wednesday most of us who pre-ordered so far will have tracking info.
    03-31-2012 10:49 PM
    Pre ordered mine today at a store. The rep even honored the online $100 off deal :)
    dammit, my local store said I couldnt do that!... jerks, I was going to go order one off them but NOOOO...
    03-31-2012 11:12 PM
    Pre-Ordered on AT&T's web site. Decided on the Cyan. My desk is black at work so hopefully this will help me lose my phone less :D

I have received three emails from AT&T. One thanking me for my order. One confirming my purchase telling me my item will ship on the 5th. Yesterday I got a third email that told me the product was not in stock and I would be notified when it was. I am sure this is just an automated message from AT&T because the phone isn't technically available yet.

RM
    04-01-2012 07:27 AM
    Went to the AT&T store yesterday to inquire about my upgrade, and ended up ordering it right there. Was really surprised- the supervisor lady who met people at the door, when I told her I was there to ask about the 900, immediately beamed a smile and pulled the black one out, and said "Sure, do you want to look and hold it?" She was very pumped about the phone, and I chuckle remembering how enthusiastic she was starting her sales pitch, going on about how fast and smooth and beautiful the UI was, not realizing - not needed for me. LOL.

The phone was as gorgeous as I believed, but I was really surprised how light it felt. It really didn't feel any heavier than my Focus with the incipio cover. I guess that's a just a indication of how well balanced it is overall. I really wanted to see Drive, but she apologized saying that she didn't have a change to download the apps yet. So I guess that means Drive and the other Nokia apps won't come pre-installed?

But I will say, even though I saw the reports, really surprised to see her genuine enthusiam for it. Nice to see, for sure.
    04-01-2012 11:16 PM
    Yep pre-ordered mine today but got to call Premier tomorrow to fix a few things. Got the Cyan model with the Nokia gel case since it was only 15 bucks.
    04-01-2012 11:40 PM
    Well......I caved....ordered the stinking thing. Supposedly it will ship on the 5th.
    04-01-2012 11:44 PM
    My Cyan should be arriving on the 6th!
    04-02-2012 12:25 AM
    I have spent days trying to pre-order the 449 no-commitment version Lumia 900. 2 Corporate stores said the SKU is not in the system to allow orders yet, even tho att.com/lumia suggests otherwise. The att.com/lumia sales rep and all call to at&T got noluck. Has anyone successfully ordered a $449 AT&T phone...

...I know there is a 499 at amazon. There is also many others, at negri they had it 649 in feb (but i think a worldwide/Asian white version) then today they put up a $498. version. Both say AT&T Lumia 900 and have the same SKU. Its very frustrating and confusing, wish someone knew enough they could explain please. ty.
    04-02-2012 12:30 AM
    AT&T wants you to get the 2 year contract so they are likely holding out. I bet that SKU materializes after the 8th.
    04-02-2012 01:48 AM
    Hi all,

New here, hope to join the WP as I got tired of fighting with my defective Samsung Captivate... ( I have it on ICS and all the stuff) so I pre-order on Friday via online.

Crossing finger to receive on Friday, so I can play with it during the weekend!

I order it black.

:D
    04-02-2012 01:25 PM
    Guys... I've seen some who posted today said they've ordered the device in their local store and getting it on the 6th.

I was hoping for the same. I also ordered 2 devices with new lines at a local store. I got 2 email confirmations for each of my orders. Later on over the weekend, I got another 2 emails for the order numbers stating they are back ordered and will let me know when they will be shipped. I've ordered one Black and Cyan.

My timing was that I ordered them on 30th evening at around 7:00 EST. Do you think they would have sold out by then. If they did, I might as well cancel my order and pick them in the store on the 9th. But I am not sure how it will work with my porting numbers in another order.

Please let me know your thoughts.
    04-02-2012 02:58 PM
    Guys... I've seen some who posted today said they've ordered the device in their local store and getting it on the 6th.

I was hoping for the same. I also ordered 2 devices with new lines at a local store. I got 2 email confirmations for each of my orders. Later on over the weekend, I got another 2 emails for the order numbers stating they are back ordered and will let me know when they will be shipped. I've ordered one Black and Cyan.

My timing was that I ordered them on 30th evening at around 7:00 EST. Do you think they would have sold out by then. If they did, I might as well cancel my order and pick them in the store on the 9th. But I am not sure how it will work with my porting numbers in another order.

Please let me know your thoughts.
    You will get your before the stores get thairs. Canceling your order to try to pick one up in a store on Monday won't help you. ATC will ship the pre orders then the stores will get what ever is left over. My advice to you is just ignore the back order email everyone who preordered got one.
    04-02-2012 03:39 PM
    I ordered mine yesterday and it looks like it's going to ship the 5th. I don't have any backorder notices.
    04-02-2012 06:06 PM
    Waiting for the white 900. Hurry up and take my money AT&T!
    04-02-2012 07:09 PM
    Ordered 3, kicking sprint, HTC to the curb
    04-03-2012 04:55 AM
    I inquired about the pre-orer on-line (without committment) and they told me I had to go to the store. went to a store and they told me I had to go to the "corporate" store at the mall. I went to the mall and when I tried to order with no committment the told me their software wouldn't let them. Naturally they tried to sell me another line or pay to upgrade early.

I went back home and went on-line again and asked why their web site indicated a preorder availability and I just got "i'm sorry". I guess I'll try to stop in when the phones are actually in stock but i'm not very happy that AT&T gave me the "actual" run-around on this.

Has anyone successfully pre-ordered without a committment?
    04-03-2012 08:28 AM
    I inquired about the pre-orer on-line (without committment) and they told me I had to go to the store. went to a store and they told me I had to go to the "corporate" store at the mall. I went to the mall and when I tried to order with no committment the told me their software wouldn't let them. Naturally they tried to sell me another line or pay to upgrade early.

I went back home and went on-line again and asked why their web site indicated a preorder availability and I just got "i'm sorry". I guess I'll try to stop in when the phones are actually in stock but i'm not very happy that AT&T gave me the "actual" run-around on this.

Has anyone successfully pre-ordered without a committment?

Yes, you can only do it online. At the pre-oder page go like you want to upgrade, it will tell you you are not eligible for upgrade and show you an Iphone...click at the bottom left to See All Phones and the Lumia should be 1 of them allowing you to pre-order without extending
    rokitrod likes this.
    04-03-2012 08:51 AM
    But what if you are eligible for an upgrade but you don't want a contract?
    04-03-2012 10:32 AM
    Yes, you can only do it online. At the pre-oder page go like you want to upgrade, it will tell you you are not eligible for upgrade and show you an Iphone...click at the bottom left to See All Phones and the Lumia should be 1 of them allowing you to pre-order without extending
    I had SAME experiences NO luck ordering 449 online or in stores.

I tried your sugested upgrade trick, they musta fixed the glitch, i keep getting:

E1022: We're sorry, but we are experiencing a system error that prevents us from completing your request. Please call Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500 and provide the error number at the beginning of this message.
    04-03-2012 12:06 PM
    But what if you are eligible for an upgrade but you don't want a contract?
    Just go through the website like you're upgrading, select the Lumia 900, and prior to checking out you'll see an option to pay $449 without renewing your contract. It's quite the cluster.
    04-03-2012 12:12 PM
    Just go through the website like you're upgrading, select the Lumia 900, and prior to checking out you'll see an option to pay $449 without renewing your contract. It's quite the cluster.
    choosing upgrade requires signing in to an at&t account, or registering... which seems to fail. Did you do all that?
    04-03-2012 12:24 PM
    choosing upgrade requires signing in to an at&t account, or registering... which seems to fail. Did you do all that?
    yes you have to be signed in to your att account
    04-03-2012 12:29 PM
    i NEVER see this page with an I-phone, and all places where UPGRADE can be selected requires a LOGIN acct next. CAn u give links that WORK please?
    04-03-2012 12:29 PM
    yes you have to be signed in to your att account
    ahhh OK. Other than a purchasing account for uverse equipment, i have no current AT&T wireless plan (which I DO NOT want) so it will not allow the $449 no-commitment purchase here, or in store, to folks without anye xisting at&t service,

thank you
    04-03-2012 12:31 PM
    ahhh OK. Other than a purchasing account for uverse equipment, i have no current AT&T wireless plan (which I DO NOT want) so it will not allow the $449 no-commitment purchase here, or in store, to folks without anye xisting at&t service,

thank you
    Ha! Guess I forgot to ask about a key piece of information, my bad! :lol:
    04-03-2012 01:41 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD