Who has pre ordered their Lumia 900

rokitrod

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can only do it online. At the pre-oder page go like you want to upgrade, it will tell you you are not eligible for upgrade and show you an Iphone...click at the bottom left to See All Phones and the Lumia should be 1 of them allowing you to pre-order without extending
That worked!

jkdood

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I am 98.5% sure that if you are not an existing At&T customer, you can not become one without signing a two year contract (other than a go phone, which are limited to a few specific handsets) and this is why you cant get the off contract price. Its how they keep people from buying a phone to unlock for use with another carier.
i'm hoping for that missing 1.5%

I spoke to a corporate store about going there when they arrived for a $449
purchase, and no mention was made about having an AT&T account... or needing one. Just a social security nbr and credit card to "map" the IMEI. Hmmn.

Anyone REALLY know if this is gonna fly? TY

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am 98.5% sure that if you are not an existing At&T customer, you can not become one without signing a two year contract (other than a go phone, which are limited to a few specific handsets) and this is why you cant get the off contract price. Its how they keep people from buying a phone to unlock for use with another carier.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they care what you do with the phone if you buy it at full price?

Also, you can become a customer off contract, I did it last week in order to port my number at a specific time, even though the 900 was not for sale yet.

jkdood

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't make any sense. Why would they care what you do with the phone if you buy it at full price?

Also, you can become a customer off contract, I did it last week in order to port my number at a specific time, even though the 900 was not for sale yet.
That is an angle of possible interest. I am a Uverse customer and can by equip such as modem at att.com/equipment, but not a wireless customer. (So I cannot do the "trick" of choosing upgrade and when that is disqualified, buy a full-price unit online, which is otherwise barred.)

How does one become an off-contract "AT&T customer" of WIRELESS svcs. What could I maybe buy for anominal fee, and reach that cust-status to possibly make me eligible for other things of interest? TY.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital