Phone frozen, power button does nothing. What do?

denious

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I was listening to music through YouTube yesterday with the Metrotube app. When the song ended I didn't bother doing anything with the phone, so it just lay there for some time, the screen was black. When I took the phone in my hands and unlocked it, the Metrotube app came up, and the phone "died".

Holding any button for any amount of time, including the power button, did nothing. The phone was simply frozen, getting hotter and hotter, screen stuck on Metrotube, until it reset itself about 20 minutes in...

Should this happen again, is there any other way to turn the phone off? Seems extremely stupid to wire the power button through the OS and having no hardware route to turn the phone off...

scarletttine

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
These window phones are giving me a lot of trouble. I recently exchanged mine about a week ago for another. Anyway, I went out and left my phone at home and turned it off as well, when I came back, I turned it on and now it's stuck between the "Nokia" and then the AT&T logo. Wtf. I tried the "soft reset" many times and I hear it vibrate but still nothing. What gives!!? I'm just waiting for the battery to drain -_- this blows, windows.

Faviola Mendoza

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
What can i do when my Lumia 920 froze? well it seems like it is on but frozen and the screen is all black. it started on Friday, April 11, i was going home from school and i decided to call my bf from Viber and when i tried to message him on it.. it just froze and the screen turned black and i couldnt see anything but i could hear my messages and all that.. then on Saturday morning i plugged it in on the charger and it turned on agian but when i unlocked it it froze again and it hasn't worked since then so i opened it and took the battery out but it still doesnt respond yet... so what can i do please help me???

CaptBender

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
First, are you sure you have a Lumia 920? You mentioned you "took the battery out" and the 920 is sealed and does not have a removable battery.

In any case, this happen to me yesterday on my 920. Phone just sitting on my desk not being used. I went to check the time and it was dead. I did a soft reset and it came back and it been ok so far. Have you tried to soft reset the phone? Do this this by holding down the Volume Down Button AND the Power Button. Hold them down until to feel the phone give a slight vibration. It should come back up..

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
you know i tried as well i couldnt get anything

Hold volume down and power button down till the phone vibrates. I know some say 10 seconds, but I've had to keep them pressed in for a long time, it seemed like minutes instead of seconds. Sit down and just hold the buttons in, had to do mine years ago on its 1st update when it was a brand new phone it took forever to happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon