AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

pmaez

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I just installed the update. So far, it seems to have fixed my connectivity problems. Thanks to Nokia for a relatively quick fix! 10 days seems like forever when your phone isn't working correctly...

MarkyBeee

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
NokiaUS actually tweeted me directly that the new update is out. They must be confident it fixes the data problem. Its installing now..
Same here. Updated it around 2pm. So far no issues, and Ive made quite a bit of calls and moved around the city in the last couple hours. 1308 didnt go full wonky until about a day after, So I guess I'll have to wait until the benchmark 24hrs before I can say it fixed the issue.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who lost internet sharing tried it yet? I'm almost done updating and will let you know if mine works again. I know it's more related to the access point firmware, but I'm curious if they resolved that as well with this update.

UPDATE: Yessss it's back, I'm posting from my 920 hotspot now. Access point is still there and one of them is still selected as active, but I'm not touching it.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I want to know if I am the only one with this issue: when I go to settings>network+ the call waiting and call forwarding are grey out, and it gives me a message that I need to change to the fastest connection available. I noticed it after the 1308 update. Anybody else?

I have.

So far connection speeds seem better, but one time out of 6 tries connection speed was slow on download and not on upload. I'll give an update in a day or two. On a side note nobody could get through today and I missed a bunch of calls and VM, I hope it's just an AT&T issue.

joshredraider

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Update installed, and 'storage check' still does not work for me. Just flips back to settings page. I am one of ones who installed 'access point' after 1308, and then had to install the Spanish language pack to get my internet sharing to work again. Fortunately those all seem to be working like they did before 1314. I do not have LTE coverage at home, but will be in Dallas and Atlanta next week, and will run plenty of speed tests to test LTE connection as well as keep an eye on battery life.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Update installed, and 'storage check' still does not work for me. Just flips back to settings page. I am one of ones who installed 'access point' after 1308, and then had to install the Spanish language pack to get my internet sharing to work again. Fortunately those all seem to be working like they did before 1314. I do not have LTE coverage at home, but will be in Dallas and Atlanta next week, and will run plenty of speed tests to test LTE connection as well as keep an eye on battery life.

Storage check works for me. I installed it ahead of time like many I'm sure, then got the update which broke stuff, then just updated again and it's all working again.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
ATT just told me that after an update or after a new SIM card is installed, LTE can sometimes take a little while to fully kick in....

So maybe that is why I am having a bit slow LTE speeds at the moment...We shall see.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
when I swap my SIM card from galaxy s3 to the Lumia 920 and do speed tests the test.speeds are way off. . My galaxy s3 gets 30-41 mbps and my Lumia 920 gets 4-9mbps every test test with 1314 and is running really hot

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
when I swap my SIM card from galaxy s3 to the Lumia 920 and do speed tests the test.speeds are way off. . My galaxy s3 gets 30-41 mbps and my Lumia 920 gets 4-9mbps every test test with 1314 and is running really hot

I've never seen much over 20mbps on my 920 even in a strong LTE area near a tower. Most other LTE phones get higher speeds. Not sure if it's a Nokia issue or WP.

Jeff Cofield

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Updated late yesterday, did some texting, and general usage, and all seems to be working again. I'm on the east side of Orlando, but managed to get some testing in while I was down on the south side, and it seemed to be doing pretty well. My speeds (with 2 bars of LTE) in my apt are averaging 4Mbps down/5Mbps up. Never been terribly good here, but at least it works. Going to be heading downtown this morning, will test again there, and again when I head to the south side of town.

edit: Forgot to mention that with the 1308, my battery life had gone to completely unacceptable. Literally was getting about half a day out of it...and that was while I was in areas with VERY good LTE signals. We'll see how it is in those same areas today.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Updated late yesterday, did some texting, and general usage, and all seems to be working again. I'm on the east side of Orlando, but managed to get some testing in while I was down on the south side, and it seemed to be doing pretty well. My speeds (with 2 bars of LTE) in my apt are averaging 4Mbps down/5Mbps up. Never been terribly good here, but at least it works. Going to be heading downtown this morning, will test again there, and again when I head to the south side of town.

edit: Forgot to mention that with the 1308, my battery life had gone to completely unacceptable. Literally was getting about half a day out of it...and that was while I was in areas with VERY good LTE signals. We'll see how it is in those same areas today.
south Florida here just update now got 20m down 11m up

JONA1970

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
So the update went fine. Got in the car and Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working. Is this an issue for anyone else post update?

Same problem here. After update, sometimes my phone contacts are not transferred do BT unit in my car. To solve, I need to delete BT connection in my phone and pair again. Before this update everything went OK. I think this update need some fine tuning in BT pairing.

Tuscar

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Patched yesterday 1314 version, Lumia 920, AT&T network.

In about 4-5 hours, with NFC off, in a 3-4 bar LTE area, my battery went from full to under 20%. I listened to Audible for an hour at lunch, and browsed the internet for ~20 minutes total. It gets super hot in the upper right of the device.

I love the windows phone OS, and I have toughed it out since November, when I got the Lumia, and have had dramatic battery life shifts, tried all the battery life extender tricks, and have gotten battery life to almost a full day only to have it drop back to almost nothing randomly, due to overheating. It is just ridiculous that I have to carry a charger everywhere I go to use my smart phone for fear that using it will drain it to empty within an hour...

My LTE speeds are also between 4M-6M.

I am just horribly disappointed with the hardware.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Patched yesterday 1314 version, Lumia 920, AT&T network.

In about 4-5 hours, with NFC off, in a 3-4 bar LTE area, my battery went from full to under 20%. I listened to Audible for an hour at lunch, and browsed the internet for ~20 minutes total. It gets super hot in the upper right of the device.

I love the windows phone OS, and I have toughed it out since November, when I got the Lumia, and have had dramatic battery life shifts, tried all the battery life extender tricks, and have gotten battery life to almost a full day only to have it drop back to almost nothing randomly, due to overheating. It is just ridiculous that I have to carry a charger everywhere I go to use my smart phone for fear that using it will drain it to empty within an hour...

My LTE speeds are also between 4M-6M.

I am just horribly disappointed with the hardware.

Ditto my friend

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon