920 stuck at cog wheels, bricked?

WPhantom

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
So I thought of resetting my phone and selling it, got to settings and resetted my phone. It had been stuck at cog wheels for a while, then I tried the key-combo for hard-reset and it still comes back to Cog wheels after a reboot, How the hell can I get this solved? Nokia Customer Care is pathetic in my country and specially my region. I don't have the time and internet needed to download firmware and flash it. Anyone got the solution? I've google'd but couldn't find a proper answer. :crying:

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
On my previous Lumia 620, I had those cogs spinning for more than 8 hours. Solved this issue by doing soft reset continuously while charging to supplied charger.

Probably you should do the soft reset few more times. I got my phone working again after more than 15 times of soft resets.

And by the way, every time you do such reset, you must wait for a few minutes before you do it again.

slewis41

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried this:

Normally, it takes only 30 minutes at most to reset it. In the event that it would take longer, like what happened here, you can press and hold both on the volume down button and power key for about 10 seconds.

The phone should then reboot. If the phone would still be stuck to spinning gears, here is a hardware reset that you need to press. Input these keys on the following sequence, press them one key at a time:

Volume up
Volume down
Power key
Volume down

Make sure that you try this while the phone is charged.

When I did this... the gears continued to spin for about 5 minutes, but then the phone restarted and made it back to the "Welcome to your phone" screen. Success!
----------------------------------------------

WPhantom

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried this:

Normally, it takes only 30 minutes at most to reset it. In the event that it would take longer, like what happened here, you can press and hold both on the volume down button and power key for about 10 seconds.

The phone should then reboot. If the phone would still be stuck to spinning gears, here is a hardware reset that you need to press. Input these keys on the following sequence, press them one key at a time:

Volume up
Volume down
Power key
Volume down

Make sure that you try this while the phone is charged.

When I did this... the gears continued to spin for about 5 minutes, but then the phone restarted and made it back to the "Welcome to your phone" screen. Success!
----------------------------------------------
Okay, it doesn't seem to work, either. I'll go to Nokia CC tomorrow, if they solve my problem then alright or I'll flash somehow.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope it works for you soon. My Lumia 920 was reset and it freaked me out for like six hours and it then just randomly fixed itself.

I don't care what reasons I may have to reset in the future this phone will never be factory reset by me again lol

WPhantom

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
With New Nokias around, I'm looking to sell it ASAP and get as much as I can ;) I can fool and get moar if I sell it now in India xD \m/ :p

WPhantom

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
When did you press the key sequence? I did it while the Nokia logo was showing. It worked for me

Ofc at Nokia logo :| Ain't gonna commit stupid mistakes. I've possibly tried everything except flashing, Went to Nokia CC, noobs said that It'd take 2 weeks as they'll send it to Delhi (Nokia's main hub in India).

doisy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
So I decided to hard reset my Lumia 920 before selling it and, after 10 hours, it is stuck with the cog wheels. I pressed volume down + and power button and made a soft reset, it rebooted, it showed the Nokia Logo for about 5 seconds but it keeps showing the cog wheels.

I've read so many different opinions about this that I don't even know what to think anymore. Please any suggestion and help would be appreciated.

doisy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone? Sorry for double posting, but my phone has been stuck like that for 19 hours by now.

What the hell should I do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas