fixed my 920 battery problem

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my 920 I read about people who had phones that quickly discharged. Luckily mine worked fine. I'd have wifi, LTE, bluetooth all on and last through the day with 40% left. I noticed a small bump when I disabled NFC and changed the brightness setting. I was quite happy with the phone.

I had many incidents where I didn't charge the phone the night before and the battery died on me. There were other times when I felt the phone run hot as I had GPS on while charging for hours. I think these 2 things damaged my battery. Lately it discharges about 20% every hour. I concluded that my battery lost the ability to hold the full charge (2000mah) and it was discharging at the normal rate, only now each mah was a greater %. [ie a good battery uses 100mah = 5% of 2000mah. Now 100mah = 10%...etc]. I ordered a new battery and switched it out and it runs great.

For those with problems, maybe your battery is bad/worn? maybe you got unlucky and it was like that when you first opened the box. Maybe a new battery will fix your battery life like mine?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure but I think manually replacing your own battery will void your warranty. Just thought I'd mention that. Really glad that you fixed your battery problems, though!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend sending it to Nokia Care if you still have warranty however it great that you fix and it all works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit