German T-Mobile Lumia 920 can't install Pro Cam.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello, folks.

I just purchased my Lumia 920 from my trusted vendor which told me that they unlocked a German T-Mobile variant of the phone.
After some hours of playing with it, it installed the proper updates until it finally got Lumia Amber update.

I went happily to the Store and didn't find Pro Cam app, also, I scanned a QR code to download it and it told me the "not available for your phone"-thing.

I don't know what to do since every Amber feature is there except for the Pro Cam. I tried the Fiddler method and it didn't help. Also, I saw that I can flash it to get a clean Nokia ROM installed, but I fear about the warranty and I didn't flash any phone without Navifirm (which now is paid).

Please, help!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Try changing your region to US temporarily and see if the download works. And about flashing, you can still download the official firmware using NCS for free if you know the product code

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
The region is already set to US and the Microsoft Account too.

Do you recommend me flashing to this one?

059R4W6 RM-820 GLOBAL BLACK SWAP​

It's more like the cleanest (no country or carrier variant) firmware.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Under the SIM tray I just have the TYPE:RM-821 and the FCC ID. This last one is not the same style as you say.

anon(5803215)

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The region is already set to US and the Microsoft Account too.

Do you recommend me flashing to this one?

059R4W6 RM-820 GLOBAL BLACK SWAP​

It's more like the cleanest (no country or carrier variant) firmware.
Along similar lines since your phone was branded "German T-Mobile" variant. Try changing your region to german and see if it works.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
pro cam app is removed from the store here in india. I have installed this and its working good with some bugs but when I try to search it in nokia collections it does not show up, by scanning qr code it says app not available in your country. using unlocked lumia 920 with amber update(official).

villiansv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So, the only way to download this, is waiting?

There are ways floating about this forum that will still download it, apparently. Involves inputting a proxy in your wifi settings (I suspect fooling the store about what device you're using), so searching for "pro cam proxy" should find it for you quickly, if you're so inclined. I'm personally not in such a rush that I will use random proxies routed through god knows where.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, as I said, I tried the Fiddler proxy trick and it didn't work.

Also, I found a way to flash to a full featured Amber ROM.

I don't know what should I do.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hope they fix the -rumored- yellow hue that appeared in some devices.

Thanks for the help!

Ok
Good luck, hope they solve this problem so that you and other users or to use it.
I still have it, and in my 920 is working well.

Amber_home_screen_rlm01.jpg

Amber_home_screen_rlm02.jpg

Nokia_Pro_Cam_in_Lumia_920_13.jpg

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you get Samsung Apps with the Fiddler method? Or how?

It's been over a month since I got it, then I do not know if it still works, but ...
I did not need to use Fiddler. Only Wi-Fi and proxy in the picture below.

Print_do_IP_hack.jpg

. Go to Nokia Collection;

Apps_do_Ativ_S_no_Lumia_920.jpg

. By clicking "Install" will appear an error message, exit and enter until install appear, click OK and minimize;
. Go back into Settings> Wi-Fi and turn off the "Proxy", then click Done;
. Go back to the store using the Multi-Task (press the back button), and install normally.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes