Nokia here maps icon color changed?

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Well if design does not matter, then why have a design team at all? Also if you don't care about design, why post in a thread related only to design aspect of WindowsPhone?

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, seriously GreenEnergy and others, I understand your point. It would be great if you could keep your theme you choose as it meant to be at first place (probably), but in real world it seems to be impossible, as sad as it sounds.

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
And besides, came just to my mind that Xbox music+videos and Xbox games has always had green tiles.

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Is this the first signs of Microsoft taking over? Chaos to be introduced now? Why on earth would you force users to use a blue tile between all those other nice tile allowing for accent color to be modified?!?

Seriously, this looks like crap. Whoever was in charge of that change should be fired. So how can I get this to look decent again?!? Come on, don't let this diverge into MS windows chaos. Keep your act together.
totally agree with you. WTF were they thinking when they made this? At least give us an in-app option to change it so it matches MY color theme. It's about the power of user customization. They just took it away. Pffff.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The same happened to me. Icon was green as my theme, even after last update. I had to reboot nokia for other reason and then the icon changed. I did not even know that it should happen :).
So easy, reboot and you are done!
p.s. it is just shame that one must do that, i find windows phone very good OS, but such things can be annoying. I always say with pride that I do not have to reboot my phone!

the repinning of the Tile would have done the same. I think the resizing also works.. so reboot is not needed!!

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Is this the first signs of Microsoft taking over? Chaos to be introduced now? Why on earth would you force users to use a blue tile between all those other nice tile allowing for accent color to be modified?!?

Here's an IQ test for the person responsible for that change: Which icon does not fit? Hint it's not the one with the squirrel.

View attachment 48092

Seriously, this looks like crap. Whoever was in charge of that change should be fired. So how can I get this to look decent again?!? Come on, don't let this diverge into MS windows chaos. Keep your act together.

Matching... I guess your purse always matches you shoes and your eye shadow - let me guess mauve ? :wink: (jk)

So other than Here apps and Nokia photo apps ( which aren't mauve ) all your tiles are mauve ?
No FB or some other app like CNN or a weather app?

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Matching... I guess your purse always matches you shoes and your eye shadow - let me guess mauve ?

So other than Here apps and Nokia photo apps ( which aren't mauve ) all your tiles are mauve ?
No FB or some other app like CNN or a weather app?

what's wrong with that? Here to pick on him/her?
I like my tiles to match (you don't have to guess, taupe). I don't give a crap whether you like it or not and so should you :winktongue:
If you move away from the most basic design rules, at least give me an option. It's not like I am asking them to change an icon - just give an option to use the old one too.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
what's wrong with that? Here to pick on him/her?
I like my tiles to match (you don't have to guess, taupe). I don't give a crap whether you like it or not and so should you :winktongue:
If you move away from the most basic design rules, at least give me an option. It's not like I am asking them to change an icon - just give an option to use the old one too.

I forgot the wink after let me guess mauve, no picking on her/him (we can't tease or jk ? ) :wink:

I mean come on this had to be "somewhat" tongue -in- cheek

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow you guys are complaining so much all because of the colour of the app?! People have some serious time to waste these days. If you haven't noticed, all their HERE apps have/will be changed to the blue colour (check out a screenshot of the 1520). And all their camera apps have changed to Magenta. It helps to differentiate between the 2 categories. You don't like it because it doesn't go with your theme? Well boo hoo!

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow you guys are complaining so much all because of the colour of the app?! People have some serious time to waste these days. If you haven't noticed, all their HERE apps have/will be changed to the blue colour (check out a screenshot of the 1520). And all their camera apps have changed to Magenta. It helps to differentiate between the 2 categories. You don't like it because it doesn't go with your theme? Well boo hoo!

You have no empathy sir :wink:
( but I couldn't agree more )

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I will put my hat in on the side of "it sucks that they changed" (along with all Nokia photography apps going purple), but it's not the end of Metro/Modern. I don't think we'd even care as much if they had picked their one-color-fits-all approach from the get-go. It just sucks now because the tiles used to match our theme, and now they don't. The tiles themselves don't look that bad at least. Unlike some others... ah hem, FRESH PAINT...

At least they're color coding their apps with dark blue for navigation, purple for photography... Although, if they're going to do that, just change them all! I have dark blue Here Maps and Explore Beta and theme colored City Lens and Drive+...

I really wish we could just make custom tiles for apps like we can make custom icons on Windows (pre-W8 at least, haven't used 8 enough to know).

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The more I see of the new Here Maps tile the more I like it. I'm glad for the visual variety because I was starting to get a bit tired of the endless monochrome. And countless apps already deviate from convention anyway so I fail to see the problem.

If I had to guess, I'd say Microsoft and Nokia have been noticing a desire for more visual variety amongst consumers. It's reflected by the fact that even Bing app tiles maintain their own color schemes. Personally, I wouldn't mind it if they embraced a look more like Windows 8. The aesthetic is going to need to evolve at some point. However, it would be nice to have a setting that allowed a user to switch all tiles to a single color.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I don't want my start screen to look like a rainbow for all the different apps. If people want it that's fine, but where is the option for the people who don't? What's the point in offering theme colours for the tiles if all the apps are different colour. Why is it 3rd party apps (WPCentral is a prime example) offer options to customize tile colour? It's all about the customizability. If it's about differentiating between their apps, that's fine also. I can differentiate the tile icon just fine. Would've been fine with options to switch.

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Again, people complain about other people complaining about consistency and then saying that that's a waste of time? Then please remain silent and don't clutter this valid thread with your useless replies. Thanks.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I don't see what the big deal is. A few apps I have pinned to my home screen are different colors than any tile color I select. Not a big deal if you ask me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon