Keyboard problem with my Lumia 920

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey, guys, I recently bought a AT&T Lumia 920 (living in Singapore), and I just found that one key, particularly the E key, does not work on my Keyboard. I also found that the phone does not have a typical AT&T firmware on it, and thus does not have any Amber update on it yet.

Anyone can offer some suggestions on getting it back to 100 percent again? Thanks in advance.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Does the 'E' key work if you tilt the phone and put the keyboard in landscape mode?

With the firmware, can you let us know what OS version and Firmware version you are running. To do this go into Settings, then 'about', then tap 'more information'. This will display both the OS version and Firmware version.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Does the 'E' key work if you tilt the phone and put the keyboard in landscape mode?

With the firmware, can you let us know what OS version and Firmware version you are running. To do this go into Settings, then 'about', then tap 'more information'. This will display both the OS version and Firmware version.

Hi, it does work fully, as in the keyboard, when I tilt it into landscape mode.

As for OS and Firmware versions, here you go:

OS version: 8.0.10328.78
Firmware revision number: 3047.0000.1326.2028

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Well it's good news on the OS/Firmware side of things, as those numbers show that you already have the Amber update installed. Your next update will be the Black update early next year. You can update manually to Update 3 (also called GDR3) if you wish to, using the developer method, or just wait for Black which will also include this update along with extras from Nokia.

With the E on the keyboard not working, I'm not sure why it's doing this. I'm pretty sure you'll have these correct anyway, but as you got the phone from a different country, just check to make sure that in the 'language+region' section on the settings screen, it has your correct phone language and regional settings. It might also be worth ruling out that there is nothing wrong with the touch screen digitizer as well. If you get the keyboard back up again and tilt the phone so it is in landscape mode again (make sure the volume and power buttons are on the top though). Now try every letter on the keyboard to see if they work.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I just sent it in due to me having the warranty on it. I really wished I had a perfect set the first time...

Do you think the 920 will last into the next year, by the way?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
That's fine, if it's under warranty it will definitely get sorted then.

Yes, I think the 920 still has quite a bit of life still left in it. With it's 1GB of RAM and PureView camera, I can see it supporting nearly all of the WP 8.1 features when that time comes around. It will still be a strong phone next year I'm sure. I'm certainly not concerned with it's future :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes