As a Microsoft fan boy, I have pretty much everything MS. After having my Google account hacked, I took the plunge, dumped Google and its flagship phone the Nexus 4 (at the time). I decided to go to T-Mobile and its flat rate business package. Also went to the Nokia Lumia 925. I liked the square design that Nokia is pushing. Plus the incredible use of sound and camera are amazing. I've never been into phones and cameras, but the Lumia has turned me into a camera nut. Anyways, back to subject. I have a MS Surface, MS Windows 8.1 PC, and Windows Phone 8. I ported all my Google contacts from Google into Outlook. Then simply added to my Surface and Phone. But now that I have looked, I have duplications like a mad man. People have up to 27+ links to them, most empty, others all duplications. What can I do to fix this? ,
    02-09-2014 09:05 PM
    I'm assuming when you say Outlook, you're referring to Outlook.com?

First question I will ask is how many Outlook emails do you have on your devices? It's possible the duplicates are coming in from that. You can filter your contacts in People on your devices. I'm not familiar with the Surface but on WP you simply go to People -> ... -> Settings -> Filter my contacts list

This should help you reduce your contacts.

If you log in to Outlook.com you can use the People tab there to manage your contacts.
    02-10-2014 01:29 AM
    I rarely use outlook.com. I physically have them in my devices via outlook 2013. Outlook.com I'd to limited. So I use the outlook contacts feature on there.
    02-10-2014 01:59 AM
    If you entered your Google and MSN (Hotmail/Outlook) accounts then you would have doubled up the contacts you imported. If you just deselect sync contacts from the Google section, your contacts should go back to single listings.
    02-10-2014 03:42 PM
    If you entered your Google and MSN (Hotmail/Outlook) accounts then you would have doubled up the contacts you imported. If you just deselect sync contacts from the Google section, your contacts should go back to single listings.
    That is what I did and it sorted the problem.
    02-12-2014 04:40 PM