Camera help

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i just got a 930 last week love the phone so far(battery could be a lot better hoping it improves with denim) but i have a few issues with the camera i mean it takes good pictures but i'd prefer to not have a 5mp shot is there a way i can have it only take 16 mp shots or at least maybe 8-10mp shots also i use nokia camera do you guys have any other camera apps you think i should check out and any general advice on getting better shots; thanks in advance

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there's a way take high-resolution-only photos for relatively high-resolutions cameras, such as the 930, 1520 and the 1020 since only the lower resolution (below 12MP) version from Nokia/Lumia Camera is recognized in the Photo Hub*. You can, however, take just one photo using the native Microsoft Camera app at 5MP.

You can try ProShot, which was offered free for a limited time twice. It offers taking just one photo up to 12MP by switching off Hi-res mode... but you may have to wait for it to be offered free again.

* - I tried deleting the 5MP photo and then renaming the 38MP photo (of the L1020) by removing the __highres in the file name, but this resulted in not being able to view the photo in the Photo Hub.

Update: the exported 34MP high-res "original" photo from ProShot can be viewed in the Photo Hub. It is exported by default to the "Saved Pictures" folder, but you can transfer it to the "Camera Roll" (or any other) folder you choose... and it will still be recognized in the Photo Hub.

Last edited:

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
thanks, i seemed to have gotten proshot when it was free cuz it says i own it ^^ and i'm liking the higher resolution solo shots i can take

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Great news, lucky you! haha

On a side note, just in case you decide to take "high-res" photos :wink:
I've been comparing the high-res shots of the Nokia/Lumia Camera and of ProShot. A few months ago before Cyan, the high-res photos from ProShot was a bit less grainy than that from N/L Camera with the same ISO (100). Now in Cyan and after receiving an update or two for the N/L Camera app, the N/L Camera has less grainy (and a-bit-brighter-in-low-light) photos than ProShot (again with the same ISO (100)). Bottom line, the pros-cons for these two are:
N/L Camera takes slightly better photos (at higher resolutions) and can be launched (even under lock screen) using the dedicated camera button at the side of the phone, but is limited to 5MP "low-res" versions (e.g. 5MP + 34MP for the 1020 @ 16:9).
ProShot takes higher "low-res" versions up to 12MP (e.g. 12MP + 34MP for the 1020 @16:9), but cannot be launched using the dedicated camera button (though you can take photos with the button once the app is already launched).

But anyway, I hope you'll have a good time with your new camera-phone... or phone-camera.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes