The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Love my Lumia 930 running Denim.

A setting I cannot find on the phone is to leave old email in the Inbox. Occasionally I have email with important details for a future event. I've just left those in the inbox to refer to later as the event approaches. But there seems to be an automatic removal of email from the phone's Inbox after a certain time. Can this be changed?

(The email remain in my outlook.com Inbox - they just don't show on the phone.)
    04-01-2015 12:36 PM
    Love my Lumia 930 running Denim.

A setting I cannot find on the phone is to leave old email in the Inbox. Occasionally I have email with important details for a future event. I've just left those in the inbox to refer to later as the event approaches. But there seems to be an automatic removal of email from the phone's Inbox after a certain time. Can this be changed?

(The email remain in my outlook.com Inbox - they just don't show on the phone.)
    Head over to Settings > email + accounts > select the email account of concern > set "Download email from" to "any time".

This feature prevents the phone from accumulating a lot of email, which would eat up a lot of storage space. You can choose how long the emails stay in your phone there. Hence, the longer the emails stay in your phone, the more space the accumulated email will consume especially if your receive a lot of mail.
    Harrie-S and davidewart like this.
    04-01-2015 12:51 PM
    Sounds like it has more to do with the sync settings than anything. By default I think it only syncs 2 weeks of mail.
    Last edited by Lost 2 Shirts; 04-01-2015 at 01:27 PM.
    04-01-2015 12:52 PM
    Head over to Settings > email + accounts > select the email account of concern > set "Download email from" to "any time".
    Thanks. That is the setting I was looking for. Much appreciated.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-01-2015 01:01 PM
    Alternatively, you could Flag individual emails as needed. Flagged emails have a separate pivot so they're easy to find. This will save you the trouble of scrolling through a huge inbox.

Long press the email from Inbox and an option to "set flag" will pop up. Or you can press the ellipses button while reading the email and one option will be "toggle flag". You can also use multi-select and Flag multiple emails at once.

This works for me with my Exchange and Outlook accounts, but not Yahoo.

Good luck!
    davidewart likes this.
    04-04-2015 07:03 AM
    Thanks for the reminder about long press. I was wondering where "set flag" option was.
    04-13-2015 10:15 PM