WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So this settling on a purchase thing (over a certain amount) is working. I'm not immune to being tempted, but asking myself questions (how will I use this? why do I want it? do I need it?) seems to stop me from going through the check out/buy/purchase process.

I'm aiming to get to MIA's willpower. I only bought the AirPods so far, even though I have also wanted to buy 2 other things as well. I returned the AirPods so after that's processed, we'll see.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So this settling on a purchase thing (over a certain amount) is working. I'm not immune to being tempted, but asking myself questions (how will I use this? why do I want it? do I need it?) seems to stop me from going through the check out/buy/purchase process.

I'm aiming to get to MIA's willpower. I only bought the AirPods so far, even though I have also wanted to buy 2 other things as well. I returned the AirPods so after that's processed, we'll see.

KonMari
KonMari
KonMari

It seems to be working well for my digital life!
And tech life as well. Not tempted to give up the S9 and get a Pixel 3 (I know, I know).
Oh and the Xr is a big brick, get work email and calendar and IM and that's what it is good for. I would never use it as a daily driver. What an ugly, unwieldy device.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

KonMari
KonMari
KonMari

It seems to be working well for my digital life!
And tech life as well. Not tempted to give up the S9 and get a Pixel 3 (I know, I know).
Oh and the Xr is a big brick, get work email and calendar and IM and that's what it is good for. I would never use it as a daily driver. What an ugly, unwieldy device.

Nice that it's working well for you! Yeah, KonMari has a hand in this for me as well.

I understand it with the Pixel 3 though, since you generally always get the next/current Pixel. I'm not above it myself, the Google store deal with Black Friday Pixel 3 prices and Pixel Buds nearly had me logging in to do it, but I couldn't. I know what I would be going into, and is it really worth it, is burned into my mind lol.

In that case, it's good that you got the Xr for work, because the long battery life can go longer since you don't care to use it for much else.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have to say, I didn't miss office life the year I was not in an office....

I'm looking forward to getting to the house we're renting so I don't need to use public transport. I think that's stressing me a bit.

My wife is stressed about pretty much everything else going on. That would be my resident card mostly and then money, then moving... The joys of change...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Technically, some wives would say your response in deflection/defense is a sign of a well trained husband, but I digress...
Ha! My point was that in general, people are usually indifferent to you unless they want something from you. This is a sad reality of life.

But I'm getting too serious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon