WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I figured as much that you can't but it's still nice to see when you can.
Just today I wasn't really up for much. I was tired due to lack of sleep. No idea what's going with that but I woke up twice last night.

Too much on my mind I suppose.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Apparently it was 'subdued' but allowed out now because Brexit... I didn't know much about their attitude but it's quite apparent now. They are a bit weird about a few things. Not sure if it's a European thing in general or just them though.
Just like here, it was always festering under the surface. Again, it's why it makes me apprehensive of going certain places. It's. It that I wouldn't travel, I just cannot travel with the same sort of freedom as some...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just today I want really up for much. I was tired due to lack of sleep. No idea what's going with that but I woke up twice last night.

Too much on my mind I suppose.

Sorry to hear that about the sleep. Maybe that is the case, but to be fair, you really do have a lot going on right now, and also for the things to come as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just like here, it was always festering under the surface. Again, it's why it makes me apprehensive of going certain places. It's. It that I wouldn't travel, I just cannot travel with the same sort of freedom as some...

Yeah, I get that too.

One of my favorite YouTubers (they are a duo) are travel vloggers. One of them visited Israel and Palestine and made a well done (in my opinion) short documentary series on different things there. He, being a white male with light skin and blue eyes, was able to acknowledge his privilege that he was able to do this in the way he did with no issues, while his business partner, best friend, and the other half of the duo, might have not been able to, since she is a black woman.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I get that too.

One of my favorite YouTubers (they are a duo) are travel vloggers. One of them visited Israel and Palestine and made a well done (in my opinion) short documentary series on different things there. He, being a white male with light skin and blue eyes, was able to acknowledge his privilege that he was able to do this in the way he did with no issues, while his business partner, best friend, and the other half of the duo, might have not been able to, since she is a black woman.
It's just an unfortunate reality. I'm not trying to harp on it a lot, but it is there.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's just an unfortunate reality. I'm not trying to harp on it a lot, but it is there.
This really depresses me.

The genetic difference between you and me is minor. To put this into perspective, there's more generic difference between a North African and a South African (non white).

In general there's very little genetic differences between us all. We are all Africans. That's a truth.

Our only true difference (if you want it). It's cultural and probably religious, if you're so inclined.

We shouldn't be living in a world where this matters anymore and I'm very sorry to say this but a lot of this miseducation rests at the feet of organised fundamental religion. Where ignorance is praised and questioning is seen as sinful.

In 2019 with all our advancementt in genetics we shouldn't be having these issues, but here we are. Still full of ignorance.

Our universe is 13.8 billion years old,. Our planet is 4.5 billion years old. Life started shortly after that. All life is connected. For some reason this bothers people. I find this amazing, other people are frightened by this idea.

I still believe that humans have capacity to get beyond these things however there are so many who want to block and obstruct. We are our own worst enemy. Without doubt.

We worry about our planet. However, we should be worrying about ourselves. The planet will be here and life will thrive regardless if we are here. Our egos need to be checked in.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This really depresses me.

The genetic difference between you and me is minor. To put this into perspective, there's more generic difference between a North African and a South African (non white).

In general there's very little genetic differences between us all. We are all Africans. That's a truth.

Our only true difference (if you want it). It's cultural and probably religious, if you're so inclined.

We shouldn't be living in a world where this matters anymore and I'm very sorry to say this but a lot of this miseducation rests at the feet of organised fundamental religion. Where ignorance is praised and questioning is seen as sinful.

In 2019 with all our advancementt in genetics we shouldn't be having these issues, but here we are. Still full of ignorance.

Our universe is 13.8 billion years old,. Our planet is 4.5 billion years old. Life started shortly after that. All life is connected. For some reason this bothers people. I find this amazing, other people are frightened by this idea.

I still believe that humans have capacity to get beyond these things however there are so many who want to block and obstruct. We are our own worst enemy. Without doubt.

We worry about our planet. However, we should be worrying about ourselves. The planet will be here and life will thrive regardless if we are here. Our egos need to be checked in.
Humans are the most dangerous animals on Planet Earth. While there are deadlier creatures in the wild, none have a wider effect on the planet than we do.

Humans are social creatures. All these issues we have are socially constructed. As we live in society, nothing will change fully until a wider group of humans believe in "different BUT equal". We are still hung up on the "different" part of the phrase.

https://youtu.be/XXxEilzNJcE

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So 9.0 finally hit the 8 (with the January patch). I've heard that the battery life was less. We will see what happens.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So 9.0 finally hit the 8 (with the January patch). I've heard that the battery life was less. We will see what happens.
I think if I didn't have the 8, for the right price, I'd have an 8 Sirocco as a backup. If it comparison to the Pixel 2 XL, the 8 Sirocco loses on camera, stereo speakers, and a bit of speed of updates. One gains more Ram, better design and maybe a slightly etter display. Battery life is close enough.

I'm curious to see if Q makes it on the 8. If they did, that would be 7.1.1 to 8.0 to 8.1 to 9.0 to Q. That wouldn't be bad. If it doesn't get Q, that would be 4 updates. Still not bad.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think if I didn't have the 8, for the right price, I'd have an 8 Sirocco as a backup. If it comparison to the Pixel 2 XL, the 8 Sirocco loses on camera, stereo speakers, and a bit of speed of updates. One gains more Ram, better design and maybe a slightly etter display. Battery life is close enough.

I'm curious to see if Q makes it on the 8. If they did, that would be 7.1.1 to 8.0 to 8.1 to 9.0 to Q. That wouldn't be bad. If it doesn't get Q, that would be 4 updates. Still not bad.
If I compare in the used market price wise the 8 Sirocco to the XZ2...

The XZ2 is still better overall. Still, the 8 Sirocco holds its own.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I saw the Pixel pill navigation in the 9.0 update for the G7. I hope they allow us to turn that off and use the traditional buttons, as I'm not a fan.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Humans are the most dangerous animals on Planet Earth. While there are deadlier creatures in the wild, none have a wider effect on the planet than we do.

Humans are social creatures. All these issues we have are socially constructed. As we live in society, nothing will change fully until a wider group of humans believe in "different BUT equal". We are still hung up on the "different" part of the phrase.

https://youtu.be/XXxEilzNJcE
We have a very large ecological footprint. You can fit the population of the world in California state but our resource hunger is the problem.

Going by an evolution perspective (and I'm not saying this for justification) out closest relatives the chimps are highly xenophobic to other groups of chimps. That however is not an excuse for humans to be but could be an indication of where it stems from as part of our evolutionary history. With our more highly developed brains we should be able to overcome this nonsense.

I am aware that our brains (and our bodies) are a mishmash of ancient roots and modern development. Probably the main reason for our issues in the first place.

The thing that bothers me though it's proven that:

1) education is by far the greatest thing we have to reduce this kind of thinking.

2) being around others who are not like us is the second way of reducing it.

For some reason 1 is being highjacked by those with an agenda and 2 is an issue the more rural you get in most places. Hence the continuous problems.

Then there's the whole question of cultural identity. Something that I never thought much about growing up. However in Europe it's a big thing and something that's difficult to get used to. I know the USA has this going on now too.

As long as we believe that in our special groups (countries, cultures, etc) we're somehow better than those other special groups we'll never get anywhere. It will always be a struggle.

I wrongly thought at one point we as humans were getting better but these last few years has shown we simply haven't changed and to revert backwards appears easier than moving forward.

I can only assume that part of this has to do with the age of our population (there never been a time in history with this many people over the age of 40 on the planet) and the shift in the economy. I think the two together are part of the issues not the whole.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Wow, that's terribly cold! I went out to get a pizza deal. No regrets but I felt the cold for the moments I wasn't in my car or at home lol.

that certainly reminds me of my old Uni days in Ottawa.... walking two blocks in -25C for pizza... pick up was half price!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So we have this happening.
c8668a5a3b77c0c9a7be500cbef46c6b.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddacker