WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So far my country bought... *drum roll* ... zero shots of vaccines! Yes, you heard it right. Covax fu**** us up real hard, AstraZeneca didn't want to sell as they didn't believe we'd actually pay them and the only ones we've got are donations.

But don't be afraid, we're trying to buy 500k doses from China. I sure do want Chinese vaccine instead of Western or Russian one.

Ahh that's so annoying. I do wonder how that will go.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
how often are you embarrassed because of your credit, debit or prepaid cards fraud protection service?

It is starting to happen to me several times a week at places I have been already using my american express serve card. It seems to only happen when there is a line behind me and when using my watch to pay. I have been using it at my work place vending machines for over a year but the last couple of months, every monday, it declines for fraud protection. What is interesting, a couple of weeks ago, I drove to some flea markets over an hour away and no problems That is where I expected issues. I did call customer service but they would not help, would not even let me opt out of fraud protection.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
how often are you embarrassed because of your credit, debit or prepaid cards fraud protection service?

It is starting to happen to me several times a week at places I have been already using my american express serve card. It seems to only happen when there is a line behind me and when using my watch to pay. I have been using it at my work place vending machines for over a year but the last couple of months, every monday, it declines for fraud protection. What is interesting, a couple of weeks ago, I drove to some flea markets over an hour away and no problems That is where I expected issues. I did call customer service but they would not help, would not even let me opt out of fraud protection.

I don't think you can ever opt out and you really shouldn't. I know it's annying, but it's there for reasone.

One thing that comes to my mind is that they might be somehow specifically targeting payments via watch or similar.

Banks are veery weird when it comes to technology and IT sfuff.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. Still busy at work. I started to work on my masters and we are in talks to go full time where I work. We will see how much they will offer to pay. But in any case, I will have benefits as lunch, commute costs so I would get more money in any case.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
They got in touch with Malaysia (a very friendly country to us) and they're sending us 50.000 vaccines as well. At this point we're basically beggers.
I hope the vax programme goes well over there. I wish ours get going beyond the spluttering start
There's wave of public anger with our government handling the pandemic and the vaccination schedule. We see how well its going on in Singapore (of course, no one is surprised) and neighbouring countries. I won't go into specifics, but we were doing so well 6 months ago and they messed it up.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I hope the vax programme goes well over there. I wish ours get going beyond the spluttering start
There's wave of public anger with our government handling the pandemic and the vaccination schedule. We see how well its going on in Singapore (of course, no one is surprised) and neighbouring countries. I won't go into specifics, but we were doing so well 6 months ago and they messed it up.

This sounds frustrating, I hope that it will be able to be resolved.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone. Still busy at work. I started to work on my masters and we are in talks to go full time where I work. We will see how much they will offer to pay. But in any case, I will have benefits as lunch, commute costs so I would get more money in any case.

Wow, I wish you the best with this. I also hope that you'll be able to get more money and benefits that work for you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
With things starting to open and me working on site more than one day a week, the time is coming to move from the SE 2nd gen to the 12 mini soon. I knew that the battery of the 2nd gen SE wasn't good, but it seems worse. When I got this SE (on December 1), the battery capacity was at 98%. Now it's at 89%. I just find the frequency of needing to charge as inconvenient more than once lately over the actual percentage.

Since we are still in a masked society (at least where I am), having to use touch ID for Apple Pay works really well. Having to scan with a mask to use Face ID seems like a pain. I know that those of you who have the phone(s) can note for how that is.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

There's a lot of distrust amongst the people when it comes to vaccines. Even this little we have isn't being used to the fullest. But yeah, we're miles behind.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
With things starting to open and me working on site more than one day a week, the time is coming to move from the SE 2nd gen to the 12 mini soon. I knew that the battery of the 2nd gen SE wasn't good, but it seems worse. When I got this SE (on December 1), the battery capacity was at 98%. Now it's at 89%. I just find the frequency of needing to charge as inconvenient more than once lately over the actual percentage.

Since we are still in a masked society (at least where I am), having to use touch ID for Apple Pay works really well. Having to scan with a mask to use Face ID seems like a pain. I know that those of you who have the phone(s) can note for how that is.

I have a similar problem with my A71. Overall I'm very satisfied, but the only thing I absolutely hate about this phone are it's biometrics.

Both fingerprint scanner and face ID are subpar to say the least. Especially the under-screen fingerprint reader, so when it fails and if god forbid I have a mask on, it's never going to be an easy unlock.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my A71. Overall I'm very satisfied, but the only thing I absolutely hate about this phone are it's biometrics.

Both fingerprint scanner and face ID are subpar to say the least. Especially the under-screen fingerprint reader, so when it fails and if god forbid I have a mask on, it's never going to be an easy unlock.

Ahh this sounds very frustrating. Technological inconveniences in a pandemic is a lot. How do you handle this when this happens? Do you unlock with a pin or do the smart lock thing?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Ahh this sounds very frustrating. Technological inconveniences in a pandemic is a lot. How do you handle this when this happens? Do you unlock with a pin or do the smart lock thing?

How the hell did I not remember the smart lock. Well, guess what's going to be my 3rd option from now on.

I usually just give it up and type in the password, which was a real sh** show during winter.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
How the hell did I not remember the smart lock. Well, guess what's going to be my 3rd option from now on.

I usually just give it up and type in the password, which was a real sh** show during winter.

Yay! I hope that it works for you.

Ahh yep, it's too cold to type the password.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey gang, just stopping in to share a couple of my newest creations. I put all of my heart and soul into these, so please like, share, subscribe, all that good stuff!

In this piece, I’m experimenting with AudioLayer (a sampling app)

The jam starts coming together after a minute or so.

Craving some Feedback!!

https://youtu.be/HX1HpHnRNC4

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Finally, it arrives. Gonna pull the trigger
c42e4bc64bb2a98734f1448b3a4cb3e7.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member