I Am Hungry! - Post Your Eats!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Recently we were at Cheddar Gorge and we went to a Thai Laos restaurant. Apparently the only one in the UK.

We were a bit surprised to see they use dill in their dishes along with other spices that appear 'un Asian'.

This was our meal. Laos starters and Thai and Laos dish for dinner. Then a banana desert. Was yummy.

IMG_20150615_071512[1].jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This is our new 'smokeless' BBQ charcoal grill. It's called the Lotus Grill. It's perfect for us. We can use it on our balcony or take it with us. With the virtually no smoke it allows us to BBQ and not annoy other people, except with the smell of the yummy food that is.. :)

DSC_0501-01.jpg

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My lunch...
a nice side order of curried shrimp and baby calamari
and a plate of Ayam Penyet (basically its fried chicken) with fried rice
WP_20150615_001.jpgMy

WP_20150615_002.jpg

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Been pretty busy this weekend. On Saturday, instead of eating Birthday cake, I got in the kitchen, used some Ghirardelli dark chocolate, and baked some dark chocolate brownies. You can't buy brownies anywhere that are better than these were, period.
WP_20150613_17_24_32_Pro.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have to point out that someone BBQing near me is never annoying. ha ha :)
I'm the same but there are people who will complain just because they can.

We do have issues with one of our neighbours though when they BBQ. The smoke comes into our place and goes all night. Which is unpleasant because it's not a food smell but more like they're burning something off...

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm the same but there are people who will complain just because they can.

We do have issues with one of our neighbours though when they BBQ. The smoke comes into our place and goes all night. Which is unpleasant because it's not a food smell but more like they're burning something off...

Ignorance, there is a cure.

People are a strange animal...
But I can see how proximity to others might cause issues, especially when someone is having trouble with the grill. We have a neighbor who puts so much lighter fluid on his charcoal, that the only smell that floats around the neighborhood is the lighter fluid regardless of what he's grilling. It has to make his food taste just gross.
By the way, that grill that you have is a really nice looking device. Is it difficult to keep clean?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
People are a strange animal...
But I can see how proximity to others might cause issues, especially when someone is having trouble with the grill. We have a neighbour who puts so much lighter fluid on his charcoal, that the only smell that floats around the neighborhood is the lighter fluid regardless of what he's grilling. It has to make his food taste just gross.
By the way, that grill that you have is a really nice looking device. Is it difficult to keep clean?

Some people just like to complain... :p

That's pretty much the type of smell we get with the neighbours that smoke us out. If the wind is blowing the wrong way...

The grill is very easy to clean. It comes apart easily and you can put the dirty parts it in the dishwasher. It heats up really quick because it uses a fan. That's the blue light you see in the picture.

Here's an exploded view. The grill and the inner bowl is all that needs cleaning.

LotusGrill XL Blazing Red_02.jpg

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Some people just like to complain... :p

That's pretty much the type of smell we get with the neighbours that smoke us out. If the wind is blowing the wrong way...

The grill is very easy to clean. It comes apart easily and you can put the dirty parts it in the dishwasher. It heats up really quick because it uses a fan. That's the blue light you see in the picture.

Here's an exploded view. The grill and the inner bowl is all that needs cleaning.

View attachment 106512

Wow! I'm impressed with that grill. Will have to do some looking around to see if I can find one here. That looks like the perfect size grill for two-person meals. Thanks. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow! I'm impressed with that grill. Will have to do some looking around to see if I can find one here. That looks like the perfect size grill for two-person meals. Thanks. :)

Keep in mind that there are two sizes. The one shown here is the XL size and the one I have is the smaller one. Which is perfect for two people and is great for portability. Comes with a carry bag.

There's other accessories you can get for it as well. Lotus Grill UK - The Official UK Online Store

We shopped around for a better price....

Amazon has it - http://www.amazon.com/Lotus-Grill-S...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3123687

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Nice little grill. I got this one just yesterday.😉
b8b1db4d3c7385dd7935bf0d7fc0680e.jpg
and made this.
de51b80863cf1c759912fb3a1d9a71fc.jpg
😁

sent from my Lumia 1320Win10 phone
using Tapatalk.

Members online

Forum statistics