Overhyped Lumia 1020

cspencer4253

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the Lumia 920 & 1020. Call me crazy but the Lumia 1020s photos are not all that great as people say it is. No matter how many photos I take they all end up the same (yellowish). Even after editing the photos it came to realize that the 1020 takes horrible daylight pictures. I BROUGHT THIS PHONE FOR THE CAMERA and for what..... My Lumia 920s photos are way better. I was just wondering what other people think about this phone.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Not to sound offensive , but you arent using something right.... My 1020 puts my friends and families 920, Galaxy s4, and Iphone5s to shame! If you are not interested in using the manual controls to achieve the best shot, you should try the standard camera app... I am no pro by any means , but I have taken photography classes before and understand the basics... Even with what knowledge I have, I still have to tinker to get the best shot. With that said I have heard alot of people complaining about post processing turning photos "yellowish". Has your phone been updated?

cspencer4253

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Let me clarify this better.... Although my photos are sharp and the night photos are great, the daylight photos colors are either bluish or yellowish. Trying to correct it with Nokia creative studio sometimes work and sometimes make it worse. You have to use manual settings in daylight, auto really does nothing.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Trying to correct it with Nokia creative studio sometimes work and sometimes make it worse.

Nokia creative studio is a toy. Quick fix maybe. Try edit photos on the computer with photoshop or at least picasa, you have more (and finer) control over corrections, even picasas autofix usually works quite well. Try different programs/apps, and don't compare photos on the phone, use a computer with a decent monitor, AMOLED is a bit unnaturally vivid.
And while taking photos, use the pro cam to fiddle with white balance, and leave other stuff alone, white balance gives you instant feedback on the screen so you can choose the one that looks the most blue.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah what he said lol.... I always make adjustments no matter what or when I am shooting... Thats the point of this camera, to be able to dial in awesome pics... THen again I also rarely shoot in jpg and exclusively shoot Raw/Dng and edit on my pc..... If using Nokia cam, always set the white balance, this should help alot... Also try adjusting the expoure... In short experiment

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I think you'll have better feed back if you posted this in the Lumia 1020 forums. Maybe its a common complain or issue that has been or hasn't been addressed yet by Nokia/Microsoft

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes