Uploading Folders to OneDrive

cineworks

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I just established a OneDrive account.

I'd like to upload the current folder structure from my PC. I have several levels of nested folders containing many gbs of data and thousands of files. Is it possible to upload several levels of folders so that the structure remains intact?

Thanks for the help.

cineworks

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Silviu,
Win 7. I should clarify my question a little. I understand that with the desktop app in place, you can just drag and drop folders into the onedrive folder. But I don't really want to move all my stuff and break other links I have to files and folders. Is it possible to upload folders and nested folders without moving or duplicating the originals?

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's possible to sync a folder that is not located in a specific location (i.e. OneDrive), so apparently you'd need to copy everything in the OneDrive folder and make it "Online available only", so it will not take space on your HDD.
P.S. I can't tell for sure, since I use atm a very very old laptop on XP :p

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Could you just change the location of your OneDrive local location to the folder structure you want to put into OneDrive? The option's in the properties from the Desktop app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3