OneDrive app "Photos" collection is crazy, and stupid...

secher

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The new OneDrive app for WP 8.1 is nice, however it does come with some problems in my oppinion.

I have around 260 GB of photos backed up in my onedrive. They date back almost 10 years, and apparently some of the oldes ones have been encoded with a 2024 timestamp, putting around 600 pictures at the top of the photos screen, no matter what. I cannot get rid of them without erasing them from my onedrive, or manually changing the timestamps from each photo individually.

Why is there not a choice for what folders should be included in the photo-view screen?!

Also it loads for a loooooong time, when there are so many photos as there are in my onedrive. And the kicker is, that the thumbnails don't seem to be cached, so each time i slide to the photos screen, it downloads thumbs of all the photos... Each of them aren't very big, but thumbnails for 260 GB of photos adds up to some quite significant traffic, especially when it is done over and over....

They should really fix this...

secher

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It's still a great place to save them, and navigating through photos-folders through the files page in the app is fine... But the photo page is broken IMO.
Online and on the PC it is great...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar