How to fix a demo unit or exit demo mode ?

bonparisien

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just bought what I think is an HTC Radar demo unit (since it plays a demo video every 10 or so minutes) off eBay.

I would like to know if there was a way to exit demo mode or to restore non-demo factory settings on the phone.

I tried to restore factory settings, and the phone did, but it always loaded the demo version in the end.

Any tips? Thanks in advance!

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
A carrier or agent wants your monthly fee, so someone there should want to help. I recommend the specialty stores that have more knowledgable folks -or bestbuy -at least that's how it is in my town. Good luck figuring out.

bonparisien

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
A carrier or agent wants your monthly fee, so someone there should want to help. I recommend the specialty stores that have more knowledgable folks -or bestbuy -at least that's how it is in my town. Good luck figuring out.
@Rodolfo, thanks. I'll try that out tomorrow. Hope it works. I also wrote to HTC and hoping that they respond favourably.

Any other forumers out there who has a solution?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I imagine a hard reset is what he meant when he said he tried to restore factory settings.

Have you checked with xda-developers.com? Those guys might be able to help.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think those demo units have a custom rom built for that purpose, so a hard reset won't work. You'll have to find a retail rom.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I think those demo units have a custom rom built for that purpose, so a hard reset won't work. You'll have to find a retail rom.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Exactly. You need to get a hold of a retail rom and load it onto the device. Sorry for the eBay purchase.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem on a Samsung Focus about 5 months ago. Once the Demo software gets loaded on the device, the ONLY way to get it off is to flash another rom to it.

Soft and hard resets will NOT get rid of it. With the Radar being so new, I would bet there is no ships-with ROM available for it yet. Might be best to file a claim with EBAY and get your money back if possible as you will not be able to sync anything to the phone with the Demo software on it.

Good luck

bonparisien

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem on a Samsung Focus about 5 months ago. Once the Demo software gets loaded on the device, the ONLY way to get it off is to flash another rom to it.

Soft and hard resets will NOT get rid of it. With the Radar being so new, I would bet there is no ships-with ROM available for it yet. Might be best to file a claim with EBAY and get your money back if possible as you will not be able to sync anything to the phone with the Demo software on it.

Good luck
Thanks.

For some reason though, after a couple of hours, the demo video that was on loop has stopped playing.

However, I still can't add a Facebook account (the preloaded account is MyAccount@hotmail.com, which is obviously the demo version) but at least there's the Facebook for WP7 app.

I'll try visiting some of those specialty stores tomorrow and will shop around. Thanks again for the help.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
first of all DEMO phone on ebay??= probly stolen ( doesn't really matter )

Hard reset , Soft reset wont do anything

the only way to take it off is to FLASH the phone. and instal Carrier ROM

I know this cause i have a ANDROID DEMO phone ( GS1 ) ( from the store i worked at ) and i did HOUR of research , even called Samsung and the only way to take it off was the FLASH the phone with a CUSTOM ROM

the way i see it you have 2 options....

get your phone DEV unlocked head over to XDA devs and flash a CUSTOM ROM on the phone

OR

AT&T have OFFICIAL MANGO ROM , to update the old Models. ( when mango came out ) you can try to go into a AT&T store and see if they can flash it for you.

if does 2 option dont work your gona need to wait till some one find a way to hack the phone.

Good luck :D

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
@Rodolfo, thanks. I'll try that out tomorrow. Hope it works. I also wrote to HTC and hoping that they respond favourably.

Any other forumers out there who has a solution?

BTW, I'd take any documentation you have showing that you got it on ebay. The person may suspect, at least, that a demo-mode phone is a stolen phone.

And it may be. My alternative advise would be to use eBay's buyer protection and get your money back. Best of luck and Beware of the eDogs.

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Sadly i had this problem when i got my HD7S. There was nothing they could do for me at the time.
Hopefully they have something for you.
Sorry for your troubles.

Jonny Constable

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
how do i get out of demo mode on the nokia 630, i bought it thursday, it said there were updates available and now this microsoft 1 and microsoft 2 demo have taken other my phone, yes the apps i downloaded are s till there but my contacts, photos calls have all been replaced by this demo version what shall i do thankyou john

Nikhil Nikhs

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
how do i get out of demo mode on the nokia 520, i bought it thursday, it said there were updates
available and now this microsoft 1 and microsoft 2 demo have taken other my phone, yes the apps i downloaded are s till there but my contacts, photos calls have all been replaced by this demo version what shall i do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb