People Hub.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the people hub is now showing friends posts from Facebook that were not visible before? Not sure if Facebook has made some changes or what, but I'm back to seeing everyone's comments again. Can anyone confirm this on their phone or does anyone have any info?

I'm on HTC Trophy running build 7720.68 on Verizon.No unlock or custom rom on this phone currently.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the people hub is now showing friends posts from Facebook that were not visible before? Not sure if Facebook has made some changes or what, but I'm back to seeing everyone's comments again. Can anyone confirm this on their phone or does anyone have any info?

I'm on HTC Trophy running build 7720.68 on Verizon.No unlock or custom rom on this phone currently.
Yup, I can confirm that to be the case. At first I thought that perhaps it was down to my FB friends changing their privacy settings or similar. But one of my FB friends is millitantly pro-privacy and would never allow access to third party apps, so there must have been a policy change with regard to the Hub.

Either that, or FB have made a privacy setting change which has affected the People Hub. I would hope, though, that it is a permanent solution as, when you think about it, it was stupid not to give the People Hub official access to feeds given that it's written by MS as part of the OS, and MS also wrote the "Official" FB app on WP7.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've just noticed - it doesn't look like I'm getting "Me" live tile notifications on comments from the people who previously weren't appearing in the People Hub. If I go into "Me" and check notifications the updates appear there. It just seems that they're not shown on the live tile.

Not a major thing though.

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I am also seeing previously blocked feeds. This fix was long overdue

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this fix was long overdue. Let's hope that it's a permanent thing and not some fluke with Facebook's security settings.

Glad to see that others are noticing this as well. I had a problem for about a week with the Me tile not showing notifications and couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what was causing it. Went as far as to hard reset the phone to try and fix it, but didn't help. Started working again and with the notifications came the ability to see everyone again. So, hopefully, it was all due to Facebook making some planned changes.

Last edited:

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, this should be a stickied, starred, super-highlighted thread! :D This is great news!!! That means I can essentially stop using the FB app. Wow I hope this is the real deal...

-R

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have not noticed this change yet.

If I see this happening, though, I'll totally be getting rid of the Facebook app and just use People hub.

I didn't notice it right away either, I had to some trickery. I have a couple of friends whose updates are blocked. I specifically went to their name in the people hub, refreshed only their feeds, and then everything showed up in my main feed. This really is great news.

-R

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
There was always one fb friend who never showed up in my contacts, no matter how many different phones and resets i went thru. I just checked, he's there now, so they changed something...

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
If this is a permanent fix, and not just a fluke, then they've done it just in time IMO. I was seeing more and more of my friends' updates disappearing from the People Hub as folks are generally becoming more aware of privacy settings (especially after the Google change of terms and conditions). So more of my friends were choosing to block all third party apps.

Hopefully, this is for the long term. But I agree with others here, this should be a sticky.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
well thats great if it is. Finally the people hub does what its meant to. I havent bothered with it for ages, but just checked and yes, the friends that didnt show up before are now there. Fingers x'd that this is permanent and people hub is now an official app. yay.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've just noticed - it doesn't look like I'm getting "Me" live tile notifications on comments from the people who previously weren't appearing in the People Hub. If I go into "Me" and check notifications the updates appear there. It just seems that they're not shown on the live tile.

Not a major thing though.

Probably something that needs app access for the notifications to be communicated to the phone, while the API has been upgraded to allow the phone to request the actual posts the direct way.

I was thinking of a way to encourage people to allow access, but that would include explaining to them what Facebook itself wants their data for...

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
WOW! This is really FANTASTIC news! How come this is not officially announced? How about a post on WPCentral or something? I'll check this when I get home tonight and if it works, the FB app won't be on my Start screen anymore (I'll leave the app installed just in case, though).

Fannya24

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I can confirm that to be the case.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This is great news, confirmed for me as well. I'm surprised this hasn't made the rounds on any of the WP news sites. I know it was a big issue for a lot of people.

Now if we could just get toasts from the People Hub it would be perfect.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any news of this on other forums or Wp7 news sites either. I encourage everyone to share this on any other sites that you frequent, as I'm sure a lot of people have yet to discover it.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Almost forgot. A sticky would be nice; would get more people looking at this thread and finding out about the returned functionality.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed yesterday as my sister-in-laws pic changed to her Facebook one (pinned to start screen). Couple others had updated as well who were previously blocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon