Can't delete header from email to be forwarded???!!!

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I apologize in advanced if this is covered somewhere else in the forums, but I searched and couldn't find anything. I would like to know if anyone else has this issue and/or whether or not this is a known "can't do that" with Mango...

I received an email that I wanted to forward, but when I tried to delete the original email's header info (from the forwarding email, not the original), I discovered that I couldn't -- when I select any of the original email's header text, the keyboard disappears, so I'm unable to delete it.

This seems CRAAAAAAAZY! Seriously? Please tell me I'm missing something. I use my phone a LOT for email, and if this isn't sorted, I'll have to go back to Android, which I REALLY don't want to do.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I can delete the subject just fine in my email I never needed to do it before I just tried it and it worked fine. Your keyboard shouldn't disappear regardless unless your background tasks are causing the issue where the keyboard disappears that's a known bug.

I chose an email in my windows live account then chose forwarded email then just taped the title block and started deleting using the back button. Is that not working for you?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The OP is correct, you cant edit anything from the original email in a forwarded email. Been like that since day one.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Thefman am I misunderstanding the question? If I forwarded an email I can edit the title. I'm thinking he's talking about the subject box are you talking about editing the body of the email? Why would you want to do that your changing the content of the email? If I want to add comments I just copy the body of the email then add the comments that way the person receiving the email has both the original content and my edits.

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I think my question was misunderstood. Either that, or my phone is...uh...I don't know. I also should mention that I just reset my phone (bummer), and it's still just the same. Allow me to try and elaborate/clarify:

Say I receive an email from my friend. We'll call him Bob. Bob sends me some crazy funny email that I think my friend Susan would like, so I decide to forward the email I received from Bob to Susan. I tap the reply button, tap forward, and Bob's email pops up, embedded in a new email to be forwarded. I enter Susan's email address, enter the subject line, and type "Enjoy!" into the body of the MY email; HOWEVER, because Bob and Susan don't know eachother, I decide I would like to anonymize Bob and DELETE the header info from his original email. You know...this stuff:

Sent: Whenever
To: Me
Subject: Funny stuff!

While I can edit whatever I'd like to edit in the subject line and body of MY forwarded email, I can NOT edit or delete the header info, subject, or anything in the body of Bob's original email AS IT WAS COPIED into MY email that I'm attempting to forward.

I've tried doing so 6 ways from Sunday, and while I can SELECT the header info or content in the body of the email that is being fowarded, and I can COPY it, I cannot delete it. This seems like a serious matter, as many people often delete header info from forwarded emails out of curtousy to the original senders.

Is this more clear?

Also, I do have the latest 8107 update which fixes the keyboard disappearing issue. This is not that bug. This seems like a behavior inherent to WP7's email app. WTH? Help? :(

Last edited:

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any feedback...know what I'm talking about? I think it's really, really odd that this is a "limitation" of the OS.

Just300

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Two years and 2 months passed by since this subject was introduced in this forum, and MS has not implement the feature yet.
All other OSs (Android and iPhone) can do so.

What is wrong? MS: Why you do not listen and read our frustrations and need?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon