Clear Missed Call Notification?

sn4g4

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

in UK, just got Nokia Lumia 900. Need some help, exactly how do I clear the missed call notifications that appear at the top of the start screen (between signal strength/type and battery).

On Android I could swipe down and clear these notifications, but for the life of me I cant find where to do the same in WP7.5...

Can anyone advise?

Also, if anyone knows a 'simple' way of exporting contacts from Android (saved to Phone Memory) to my new Windows Phone that'd be good too. The various 'apps' seem to be hit and miss on either allowing me to backup in the first place or importing the backed up information into my Live account...

thanks,

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

in UK, just got Nokia Lumia 900. Need some help, exactly how do I clear the missed call notifications that appear at the top of the start screen (between signal strength/type and battery).

On Android I could swipe down and clear these notifications, but for the life of me I cant find where to do the same in WP7.5...

Can anyone advise?

Also, if anyone knows a 'simple' way of exporting contacts from Android (saved to Phone Memory) to my new Windows Phone that'd be good too. The various 'apps' seem to be hit and miss on either allowing me to backup in the first place or importing the backed up information into my Live account...

thanks,

I'm not sure what call notifications you're talking about. The call notifications aren't on the top of the screen next to the battery and connectivity information, they're on a Live Tile, which is placed by default on the top left. Just press the Live Tile and the notifications go away.

Simple adding your Google account to your phone will import all your contacts, as long as the contacts on your Android phone are also synced with your Google account.

sn4g4

May 11, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the response. I've managed to export/import contacts.

The 'notification' is a small icon of a phone with an arrow that sits along the same bar as other icons at the top of the screen as previously mentioned, not part of the tiles, which has cleared when I clicked on it.

I was able to remove this icon after rebooting. Not sure if this is a Nokia thing, Windows Phone 7.5 thing or part of the latest update which I understand the Lumia 900 has in the UK?!

cheers,

Last edited:

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the response. I've managed to export/import contacts.

The 'notification' is a small icon of a phone with an arrow that sits along the same bar as other icons at the top of the screen as previously mentioned, not part of the tiles, which has cleared when I clicked on it.

I was able to remove this icon after rebooting. Not sure if this is a Nokia thing, Windows Phone 7.5 thing or part of the latest update which I understand the Lumia 900 has in the UK?!

cheers,

You're right, just watched the Tango video on the front page, that's new. It's an indication of a new function active under Settings - Network, though I didn't got which one is it.

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I want to know how to delete missed phone calls on the lockscreen. I want to see who I have missed but do not know how to remove old missed calls. After reading it for serveral days it is still telling me I have missed a call. I only want new notifications, not the same old ones day after day. Thanks.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the board, HH. As you probably expect, the icon and the number of calls missed should immediately not appear on the app tile nor on the lock screen after you have opened the phone app to see who called. Are you sure it's not a voicemail notification? The only suggestion is to turn the phone off and back on. Good luck getting past this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss