I'm moving from android but I have a couple of questions

sirgigolo

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be making the move from android to WP. But I've searched the forums and websites and cannot find an answer to my questions.

1. Can I transfer mp3s from my computer to the phone without going through zune or whatever its called now?

2. Can I email mp3s from my phone?

3. Can I download mp3 attachments from email?

I am a music producer and I do alot of emailing and handling of mp3s from my phone. How is the overall music management in WP?

sent from my Galaxy Note using tapatalk

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
To all three the answer is no, but with soundcloud, skydrive and a number of other means of getting music played or shared I do not really thinks that's an issue.

CoolBeit

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
To all three the answer is no, but with soundcloud, skydrive and a number of other means of getting music played or shared I do not really thinks that's an issue.
Actually, I think the answer to the first question is yes with wp8. I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to the other 2 just yet.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Currently the only way to come close to what you asked is to upload them to SkyDrive and email the SkyDrive links to the files and have the other person email them as well. You can also install a SkyDrive app on the PC and drag/drop the files into the corresponding folders. But with WP8 this may change to allow emailing of all different types of attachments. Only problem with the cloud format is if you don't have a carrier with an unlimited plan or slow data speeds it may be an issue.

CarlM12

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be making the move from android to WP. But I've searched the forums and websites and cannot find an answer to my questions.

1. Can I transfer mp3s from my computer to the phone without going through zune or whatever its called now?

I am a music producer and I do alot of emailing and handling of mp3s from my phone. How is the overall music management in WP?

sent from my Galaxy Note using tapatalk
Yes to number #3! I have a Nokia Lumia 900 and while I was on vacation, I received commercial copy for the radio station I work for as an .mp3 email attachment. I successfully downloaded it and played it.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hard to know for sure how exactly stuff will work on WP8. I can promise you this though, bring this topic up the day devices launch and there will be a lot of us here in this forum that will be able to test it out and answer your questions. :)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually, no one can really answer #1 because there is talk of an ActiveSync-type app that's supposed to be baked in for integrating with Windows 8. Patience is growing very thin because MS won't release the details.

hardcoreplur

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site

1. WP8 will have a mass storage part in it, but how it works with win7 or win8 is to be seen.
2. unknown at this time, but using SkyDrive links instead of emailing whole mp3's will be easier.
3. It's complicated, if you are emailed a mp3, you can open and listen to it, but you can't save it to the phone, but that might change with WP8.

I hope that helps.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
being a music junkie myself, i find that the media managment on windows phones is far superior to android. although it requires a zune client ( well formally know as zune, soon to be xbox music) it is still seemless and extremely user friendly. i did however recently discover that my wifes iphone i am able to sync with media monkey, and i was under the impression that it required itunes... so maybe media monkey with sync with windows phones as well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon