Whatsapp on windows 7.8

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could provide more help but I don't have a WP7 device or WhatsApp to test with. Things you can try is to uninstall and reinstall the app. That has helped me many times. Also check your background tasks, if you have a lot try to turn some off and see if it helps.

ash29k

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on my 900 as does my mate on his, the update is bollocks and support team does not reply to emails... Nice

azaright

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for taking your time to reply to my query. Yes,my data on phone works on all other apps,only whatsapp is trouble.

azaright

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for taking your time to reply to my query. I've Un/Reinstalled whatsapp numerous times but same issue persists.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The FAQ has some valid suggestions

― Some carriers commonly have issues with WhatsApp on WP7, even if it has worked before on another platform. If you are able to make other internet connections on your phone but WhatsApp cannot connect, it's possible that your network configuration does not permit the type of connections necessary for WhatsApp (socket connections).
― If you have a Windows Phone made by Nokia, try using the Connection Setup app from the Nokia Collection in Marketplace (this application may not be available in some countries).
― Please check your carrier's Access Point Name (APN) settings, which you can change under your phone's network settings; there may be a different APN for your carrier that allows non-web connections like WhatsApp.
― For Windows Phone 7: settings > mobile network
― For Windows Phone 8: settings > cellular
― Please contact your carrier for APN settings that permit socket (non-HTTP) connections.
― If you change the APN settings, please be sure to restart your phone for the changes to take effect.

azaright

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The FAQ has some valid suggestions

― Some carriers commonly have issues with WhatsApp on WP7, even if it has worked before on another platform. If you are able to make other internet connections on your phone but WhatsApp cannot connect, it's possible that your network configuration does not permit the type of connections necessary for WhatsApp (socket connections).
― If you have a Windows Phone made by Nokia, try using the Connection Setup app from the Nokia Collection in Marketplace (this application may not be available in some countries).
― Please check your carrier's Access Point Name (APN) settings, which you can change under your phone's network settings; there may be a different APN for your carrier that allows non-web connections like WhatsApp.
― For Windows Phone 7: settings > mobile network
― For Windows Phone 8: settings > cellular
― Please contact your carrier for APN settings that permit socket (non-HTTP) connections.
― If you change the APN settings, please be sure to restart your phone for the changes to take effect.

You just copied this from the link I provided. Thanks

ash29k

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I did. because the suggestions are all there. Have you tried them all? Have you contacted your carrier?

it has nothing to do with apn's or carriers mate, the recent updates from the dev team have been flawed, it has been perfect for me for almost a year then the flurry of updates and 'boom', it all messed up...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon