Battery problem WP7.8 sudden discharge switch off and not getting fully charged

Indrajeet Singh

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Samsung Omnia W for last one and half year. Recently I changed battery after 7.8 update since then it is madness. few things unusual-
1. Battery does not seem to be charging fully as after an hour or so though it shows charging but phone is cold and % increase is very slow. after 2-3 hours also it reaches only 90% and simply refuses to move. Trying to reach 100% damaged one battery and now replaced with another one. It only reaches 60% or so after 2 hours
2. Once charger is removed and phone used for few minutes, battery remaining jumps by some odd amount like from 60% to 82 or 91%
3. Phone discharges very slowly- even after a day's use it is still 40-50%
4. problem starts now from 40-50% to Switch off, it sometimes just takes one short call. even with no use it sometimes takes 5-10mintues from that level to switch off
5.Battery is completely discharged and it takes 10minutes of recharge to turn it back
6. Even if I charge it to 8-10%, after little use it shows 30-40% and then will switch off as above

Done soft and hard reset, nothing works. I am thinking of just throwing it away
HELP PLS...

Tbronl

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I once had the problem with my LG optimus 7, that the phone charged really slow. For me it helped to pull out the battery, and hold down the 'power' button for about 30 seconds or so, to ensure the phone had no power left. After that i put the battery back in, and i havent had the problem since. I see however that you have already tried another battery, so i don't know if this solution works for you.

Bas Bouwman

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm experiencing almost the exact same problem right now.
It's charging to 98%, then works fine, until 70% or so. Then it just shuts off. After I put it back on, it shut off again.
The third time (often after removing the battery) it works, and the battery level climbs up (!!!) from 6% to 35%, for example.

Have you found a solution?
I would like to know what to do about it.

Bas Bouwman

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved by buying a new battery.
I discovered the battery was swollen, so I immediately stopped using my phone and ordered a new battery.
And it worked!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes