Cant update to wp8.1 unable to check for update error 80072ee7

sadiq.na

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
we are currently unable to check for updates 80072ee7 after installation of first prepartion update.
does any have this problem and solved ?.I tried many times till yesterday now idea whats going on .

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey just a question.. Are you using WIFI or cell data? Try Wifi and report back if the problem persists :)

KUMAR MAYANK VIPAL

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys i got the answer ,just turn off battery saver,have enough free space,update all other store apps if any and see to it that your microsoft account is synchronized

sadiq.na

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
i think it was due to combination of bandwidth and high download rate of wp8.1 on release day.I got it resolved after many retries.I had even hard reset but still that error message showed but in the end it was succefull.Actually there was no need of hard reset. Its late reply anyway.Hope everyone enjoy wp8.1 dev preview

akjoshi

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem and it was due to Date & Time settings; funnily it was wrong and Auto setting was setting the wrong date; tried setting the date and time few times and it works.

I also turned the battery saver off, not sure if that is required or not.

Dheeraj Ferrao

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, I tried all of the above, and I still get the Error. I also thought it was something to do with my WiFi, and tweaked it a bit and checked few things, and still the error remains. I downgraded my Lumia 720 from 8.1 Preview, only to get the Cyan Update and now I still haven't got it after so much research. What do you think could be the problem?

anon9059916

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have just installed the preview, and after searching about 15 minutes, the error appeared. I turned off the battery saver and set the time and date manually, but still the error is there. Can someone help me?

lungjo

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I too hav the same problem.. While checkin my phone updates,it appeared an error 80072ee2, 80072ee7. Can anyone help me out from this error.

Maung Maung Khin

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
first close your wifi connection. you can use your data connection to check for update again and again 1 to 4 time and than my lumia 925 update status get update. now close your data connection. this time to open wifi connection start up update. now my lumia 925 is get update 23-4-2015 Myanmar time 1:00 am (if battery not enough power you need to charge your phone to continue with the update) but I can't see Myanmar-Burma font

Viru116

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Here is the solution

You can get it resolved by following the below mentioned steps (I experienced the same and searched a lot over the google, blogs etc. and finally after applying the combination of knowedge gained from various sources the problem is solved):-
1) Ensure battery saver is turned off
2) Ensure you've enough free space
3) Update all the apps which are pending for update
4) Last possible reason could be the issues in DNS server (gateway) used by your ISP
You may change it to Google's default DNS server which is '8.8.8.8' for primary and '8.8.4.4' for alternate/secondary. After making these changes restart your router/modem and ensure that manually changed settings are still there and then check for updates.

Ola! a new update is available and you got the much awaited update (in maximum cases after following above mentioned steps).

Let me know if you are still facing the issue.

turbodex

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm running into an error 80072f8f on developer preview on ATT Lumia 1020 (normally associated with time sync issues and usually windows 7, not phone)..

Anyway I've done all the time syncing, manual, auto, etc.. clock is behind by 1.2 sec and it still fails with this error. That is after the second update (8.10.14157.200). I've had DP before but had to wipe it out due to putting W10 and then deciding to roll back. I rolled back to the ATT cyan and then jumped onto DP. First update went fine, second too, but now I can't move past and I have a few more to go..
I changed DNS, wifi, LTE, absolutely everything and I can't get past this 80072f8f which is also not documented as an update error on the Windows phone website... I also turned off the preview update and still get the same error. I've done soft reset, manual time sync to no avail..

Any clues, beside asking me to repeate any of the obvious and aforementioned things.. I've also wiped it back to stock and did it again and got stuck.. again at the same spot..

<rant> Thinking about taking this 1020 to the shooting range and using it for target practice.. no more branded phones for me.. ATT can go to hell for locking the firmware, not releasing denim or anything really, or else I'd be on a different ROM.. grrrr.. and still no Denim.. it's just peachy..</rant>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon