Can?t upload manually select photos to OneDrive (Windows Phone 8.1)

jmaga3080

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but, I remember back in WP8 that in the photos app, I could select some pictures and manually upload them to OneDrive. Now in WP8.1 I was trying to do the same thing and I couldn't, I just find the option to share via facebook, email and so on, but no OneDrive. I know that I can turn on auto upload to OneDrive, but I would like to have the option to manually upload certain photos.

Is there any way that is possible to do that?

Thank you in advance for your consideration :smile:

Jan Gertru

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920 WP 8.1. I encounter same problem. It is weird indeed Microsoft dropped the possibility to upload manually a selection of photo's straight from the photo app.! Other workaround is to open OneDrive app and add a selection of photo's from the camera roll or other albums.

Lions fan

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed in my one drive settings in the app under general it shows under photo download size it allows you to still change photo size, but under the other section it is stuck on uploading in progress and it is whited out and will not let you cancel uploading. I wonder if this is the problem. Although it does upload when set to auto upload.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
it upload to onedrive automatically now..turn on auto upload
Auto upload is not a replacement for that in any way. Not only would it be an annoyance to have everything that's necessary and unnecessary mixed up in OneDrive, but it would also be a huge waste of mobile data when taking photos in places without WiFi connectivity.

Anyway, as others have mentioned, the easiest workaround is to create a room in the People hub with just "Me" in it and then share images with that.

eomes

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
This issue is so annoying. The possibility to upload pictures to OneDrive directly from Pictures hub was really useful. The only other way I found of doing is going to OneDrive app and tapping the '+' sign and then selecting pictures ONE BY ONE. Gah.

And no, automatic upload is just not even an option.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
This issue is so annoying. The possibility to upload pictures to OneDrive directly from Pictures hub was really useful. The only other way I found of doing is going to OneDrive app and tapping the '+' sign and then selecting pictures ONE BY ONE. Gah.

And no, automatic upload is just not even an option.
Use the room workaround as mentioned above.

I'll try to instruct how to do it step by step.
1. Open the People hub.
2. Keep sliding until you get to rooms and groups.
3. Tap the (+) below and add a room. (You can give it any name you like.)
4. By default, only you will be in the room, so leave it as is and exit the People hub.
5. Now open the Photos hub.
6. Select whatever photos you want to upload to OneDrive.
7. Tap the share button.
8. Now select the room you created, which should be visible among the list of apps that you can share the photos with.

And that's it. Provided your Microsoft Account details have been correctly added, the photos you selected will now be uploaded to OneDrive.

eomes

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Use the room workaround as mentioned above.

I'll try to instruct how to do it step by step.
1. Open the People hub.
2. Keep sliding until you get to rooms and groups.
3. Tap the (+) below and add a room. (You can give it any name you like.)
4. By default, only you will be in the room, so leave it as is and exit the People hub.
5. Now open the Photos hub.
6. Select whatever photos you want to upload to OneDrive.
7. Tap the share button.
8. Now select the room you created, which should be visible among the list of apps that you can share the photos with.

And that's it. Provided your Microsoft Account details have been correctly added, the photos you selected will now be uploaded to OneDrive.

I should read the whole thread next time instead of few random posts... Thanks a lot!

Vivek Sharma220

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So far wp 8.1 has been ridiculous although its a preview but most of it will be retained in the original build. Facebook integration removed from messaging, poor music, games, video apps and now we cant even upload photos to One Drive. It has been a serious downgrade. Microsoft not on the right track.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
So far wp 8.1 has been ridiculous although its a preview but most of it will be retained in the original build. Facebook integration removed from messaging, poor music, games, video apps and now we cant even upload photos to One Drive. It has been a serious downgrade. Microsoft not on the right track.

You haven't understand yet. Yes, the core OS is finished, but not all the apps are finished. You are judging an unfinnished product, there are not firmware yet (it have the drivers and personalization for each hardware) and the apps, like facebook and music) will receive more updates before Wnidows Phone 8.1 launch.

EDIT: 2 post account? mmm...

HerrHerger

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I am not able to upload videos. It always says "it was not possible". Also strange: It says my phone-storage is full after the fail message comes. Even more strange: I have everything muted but it occurs a sound if the fail-message comes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes