Slight anoyyance with windows 8.1 spring update ?

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
SO basically, I installed the windows 8.1 spring update a week or so ago and most of the changes are good;, the added gestures and icons for mouse and keyboard users are a nice touch, and the general menus and settings are more intuitive and informative.

But,

Every time I close an application on metro, weather that is bing news, internet explorer or music, it always goes back to the desktop. Surely there is somewhere in the settings to stop this? Only it is so frustrating, and my only major complaint with the update. Has anyone else had this, or has there already been a thread about it? Not quite sure...

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Pretty stupid isn't it.

From Kavu2:

In Desktop....right click/long tap on taskbar....select' Properties'....in the 'Taskbar Tab', uncheck, 'Show Windows Store apps on the taskbar'. That's it. Now when you close a Start screen app it will return you to the Start screen....not the Desktop. You do lose the new Update 1 functionality of being able to 'show' apps on the taskbar in the desktop mode....but you can still pin them there if you desire.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You have show modern apps on the taskbar enabled, right? That's the side effect (and quite a stupid one, too), try disabling that and you'll be sent to the start screen as normal when closing apps.

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon