Pls answer these three newbie questions...

Mohammad Reza2

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
1- When I had my Nokia Symbian phone, i used to have Nokia PC suite, Now that I bought my Lumia 925 I noticed I have nothing with it, so I was wondering if you guys are using some sort of PC program to use/sync/transfer/Backup to?

2- I have an Excel file inside a password protected zip archive on the phone, is there a way or a program to open and view this file?

3- In the Gallery section, I can mark some of my pictures with the heart icon to add them to the favorite section, does this action actually make a copy of that pictures and puts it in the favorite folder, so now I will have the SAME picture in two different locations? or it just links to it?

Thank you guys for your answers.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
1- I don't use any sort of software for my lumia. For backup I use the backup feature on my phone which backups all my contacts , app,list and images on cloud.
2.if you windows phone 8.1 you can download third party app to have a file manager and open password protected files in office.
3.it will link the image in favourites section. No duplicate copies.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
1. I use the normal file explorer to browse and copy/paste files into my device.
Multiple online backup options are provided to you my the OS. Texts, Contacts, Applist, Pictures, Start Screen etc.

2. Not in my knowledge

3. No copies. Just the same picture at different locations..

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
1. I use the Windows Phone app on my Windows 8.1 laptop to sync my stuff. For backup i only use Onedrive. You can get it from the Windows Store (alrhough it is automatically installed when you connect your phone to your windows 7 or 8 pc for the first time).
2. As a fellow poster said, you can download an app from the store to open a password protected zip archive.
3. Nope. It just shows those photos in the favourites section.
It is sort of like a bookmark to see and get to those photos quickly.
Also, favourite photos are usually used as background photos in the photos hub.
NO DUPLICATES.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Added some info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon