internet explorer not working on 3G

Steve Bliss

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading to WP8.1 developer ie11 has intermittently stopped working when on 3G. The strange thing is that its only certain websites that work although vast majority don't. When on WiFi theres no problem at all its only 3G. I've found I can use other browsers such as UC with no problem on 3G - its just IE11 that doesn't work - has anyone else had this problem or a solution please??

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've not experience this myself. Is it that the page just will not load and says it has no connection?

Have you tried a soft reset - hold down the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds or until you feel a vibration (you'll have to change your time and date back to what they should be after doing this) - it's a quick way of resetting the OS without having to worry about losing your data.

Steve Bliss

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I've tried a soft reset but no change.

The error I get is "cannot find server or DNS error"

Still able to reach certain websites such as my work email server or Google maps, but not Google search or gmail...

Kalibar300

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have that problem too, but I also have problem with other apps which using network(skype, viber, facebook app/messanger). Apps only working on wifi network.
I think that is problem in apn setting...(on 8.0 mobile network worked fine with same settings like on 8.1)

chuckalicious

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I too have this issue, where I get no cellular data since WP8.1 update. I have found that going to settings > mobile+SIM then into SIM settings, then change 3G to 4G or vice versa. This seems to refresh the data connection. Works for me at least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2