WP 8.1 Swype - Freeze - Battery Drain

LP Slade

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
A few times since updating to 8.1 I have been typing using Swype (in whatsapp) and then suddenly the screen will freeze (with the swype trail frozen there on the screen) and after about 10 seconds it restarts itself. When it restarts, the battery is almost completely drained. The last time it happened (just now), my battery was at about 89%, but when it restarted it was at 36%?!?!?! Am I the only one experiencing this?? Will a hard reset fix it? Also, if it's a hard reset, then do I need to reinstall 8.1 and everything? :crying:

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Soft restart it again by pressing and holding volume down + power and it will give you the correct battery reading.

As for the freezing, I've occasionally had this, but if it is very consistent, I would recommend a hard reset. You can restore from an 8.1 backup, but make sure you save everything you need. Restore will not copy: highres pictures, saved game data, most app data.

LP Slade

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Soft restart it again by pressing and holding volume down + power and it will give you the correct battery reading.

As for the freezing, I've occasionally had this, but if it is very consistent, I would recommend a hard reset. You can restore from an 8.1 backup, but make sure you save everything you need. Restore will not copy: highres pictures, saved game data, most app data.

That worked! Thanks! At first I was holding down the volume down button while it was turning back on, but it gave me a big exclamation point in the middle of a black screen and did nothing so I restarted again as normal and now it says 98%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes