Inprivate browsing on WP 8.1

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
When using internet explorer I have my default search set to Google but when using private browsing the default search switches to Bing? Am I the only one this happens to? Anyone knows how to fix this? Is this s bug?

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
When using internet explorer I have my default search set to Google but when using private browsing the default search switches to Bing? Am I the only one this happens to? Anyone knows how to fix this? Is this s bug?
It's not a bug and it's not something you need to "fix." InPrivate browsing removes certain personalization options in Windows also.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
It only removes things controlled by cookies and website data. Whereas the default search engine is a setting that lives on the phone, I don't think it should be that way. It is an oversight for them. BUT hey, who cares about google, I like bing better (except when searching for images, bing is still not THAT good).

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It only removes things controlled by cookies and website data. Whereas the default search engine is a setting that lives on the phone, I don't think it should be that way. It is an oversight for them. BUT hey, who cares about google, I like bing better (except when searching for images, bing is still not THAT good).
I really really really want to like Bing but it gives so little in regards to search results there's no reason for me to pick it over Google. No "places" or "shopping" tab to compare fast prices or check locally around me are just some of obvious reasons to not make the switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786