Downloading update [confirmed WP8.1 Cyan]

Cinju

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
You first have to downgrade your Lumia to a commercial version of Windows Phone 8 to receive the update to Wp8.1. I too am from India I faced the same problem. So what you should do is. Download the official software recovery tool , connect your phone. It will show you the same build you are using in your device. Ignore all this, just install the downgrade. And when its finished your phone will boot in windows phone 8. Now all you have to do is go to phone update and check for update you should get the update. Its working 100%. Best of luck. Please note before downgrading to windows phone 8 please create a backup of your important data as it might get erased while downgrading
FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - USA.

Dont tell me ..that is like a worst dream come true for me. I had this doubt from yesterday itself when some of my friends who were in pure black got updated to Cyan and other who were in DP never received this update. Some of my friends are going to hit me for sure as I provoked them to install DP. Do you think there is any chance that Microsoft may help the DP users ..you know :)

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Dont tell me ..that is like a worst dream come true for me. I had this doubt from yesterday itself when some of my friends who were in pure black got updated to Cyan and other who were in DP never received this update. Some of my friends are going to hit me for sure as I provoked them to install DP. Do you think there is any chance that Microsoft may help the DP users ..you know :)

Yes Microsoft will help that's why they halted the update to they fix the issue, so the best you can do is to wait till they fix it, I am in Australia and the update is still under testing so I will be waiting.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yea as Rafael Yousuf said.... The only option is to wait for a fix. After the fix the update will be up and running. But as I said if your in a hurry you can downgrade to WP 8 and then update. Choice is yours. You can tell your friends that they should wait as Microsoft is preparing a fix

Cinju

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you friends for your positive note. Am not at all in a hurry & to be honest the DP is working without any issues for me. So will wait patiently till Microsoft rectifies the issue. Feeling good to be part of this forum . :excited:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you friends for your positive note. Am not at all in a hurry & to be honest the DP is working without any issues for me. So will wait patiently till Microsoft rectifies the issue. Feeling good to be part of this forum . :excited:
Your most welcome :) WP central forums and WP central news is by far the most update places buzzing with news relating to windows phone. Try keeping in touch and you wont miss anything:)

soumyaRM

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
hey ashu,
This is Soumya from Bangalore. As you mentioned your os version form win phone 8.1 is 8.10.12397.895. But in my phone its 8.10.12393.890.
why is this different in my phone? any idea? i hv lumia 925

soumyaRM

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks...
Recently updated my lumia 925 to win phone 8.1 in India. But i'm facing a problem while downloading apps.
When I download an app, its showing the status as "pending" for a long time say more than 15 mins. i hv restarted my phone couple of times but no solution.
Is anyone else facing this issue???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo