Lumia 925 and 928: Nokia pulling an apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I know that the Nokia fan boys here will crush this post with angry replies.

Anyway, Nokia basically reskinned their 920, made it thinner, and made it work on t-mobile/VZ. Now what did the iPhone 4S to 5 upgrade include? A thinner body and larger screen. Immedietley after that, the press lit up about how Apple failed with this update. Even a hardcore iPhone user I know told me he hates the 5 and won't get one.

Funny thing is, I haven't seen a single post about the Lumia 925/28 being a minor revision. Are they just trying to pull in more cash by tricking consumers that a new phone is out?

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Anyway, Nokia basically reskinned their 920, made it thinner, and made it work on t-mobile/VZ. Now what did the iPhone 4S to 5 upgrade include? A thinner body and larger screen. Immedietley after that, the press lit up about how Apple failed with this update. Even a hardcore iPhone user I know told me he hates the 5 and won't get one.

Funny thing is, I haven't seen a single post about the Lumia 925/28 being a minor revision. Are they just trying to pull in more cash by tricking consumers that a new phone is out?

that's because everybody KNOWS it's a minor revision :) not to mention Apple only makes that one phone every 6 months :p

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Moral of the story is buy WP around Christmas is you are craving for latest and greatest hardware and software. Everything else is a plug.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's really comparable to Apple.

Everyone knows Apple only makes and "supports" one phone at the time. All they do is that one phone every year or whatever the timespan is. Nokia ALWAYS has several devices at the same levels. Several low-end devices, several mid-range devices and several high end devices.

Also, ofc they are trying to bring in more cash, that's what business is about :D That said, the 920 was even selected the best smartphone of the year in many places. Even in the places it wasn't the biggest gripes were usually around physical dimensions and weight while everything else (except maybe apps) being praised. So, what they did is bring all the good from 920 and eliminated the gripes of weight and dimensions.

Also just the names sorta imply it's pretty much a same level device. 920, 925, 928. It's not like the jump from 900 to 920, for example.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

That is funny, as I haven't seen a single post about the L925/L928 being a major revision! I'm pretty sure major revisions are explicitly announced as such, so it would seem sensible to assume these are minor revisions, right?

I wonder when people will finally start to realize, that WP doesn't upgrade like Android? I've been saying this for years now:

Major revisions come in jumps, which are dictated by the OS. It's not like Android where device manufacturers can do whatever they want whenever they want. No major OS update = no major hardware updates. It is that simple.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

or do you remember verizon got their ip4 and 4s 9mo exactly the same when ATT first launch it and they are already drumming for ip5?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
We don't start a thread by calling part of the community fanboys. Please review the forum rules before posting. Be a pro.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes