Focus might feel cheap BUT!!!

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
that fact that the OLED is flexible doesn’t matter , the article i posted CLEARLY state that the OLED is more durable then LED . that’s the end of that.

if you wana keep contradicting Experts , Engineers and Scientist go right ahead , but im done trying to convince a ignorant little Boy.

Your completely mind set on your gorilla glass witch has nothing to do with OLED durability.

PS: vid is comming i just got my Hands on a Iphone , trying to convince my G-f to let me break it , LOL , its a usless Iphone that can no longer be activated but the screen still works so i can still use it in the test.

Like I've said for 3 pages now, post links to these experts, engineers, and scientists doing real world tests where the LED panel is glued to the back of sheet of Gorilla Glass. Gorilla Glass has everything to do with real world durability because the LED panel is attached to it. You can't even seem to provide me with any actual, solid proof that it's more durable in any situation.

I hope you know that the test of your girlfriend's worthless old iPhone will prove nothing, since they didn't start using Gorilla Glass until the iPhone 4, right? .. and to that end, neither does your old Omnia 2 so I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to prove. The Focus and iPhone4 both use Gorilla Glass, which HAS been proven by every source known to man that it is more durable than either phone you're trying to test.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
here you go again with your gorila glass!!! idiot.

OLED - LED , HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GORILA GLASS!!! man like talking to a mule.

compare a LED srceen with a OLED screen ( WITH OUT GORILA GLASS ) and the OLED will have a better durability.

AGaIN: im not arguing the gorila glass im arguing that OLED is better then LED , WITCH IT IS!!!

Now why whould i compare 2 gorila glass? obviously they are the same , its the OLED panel It self that is mroe durable NOT THE FREAKING GLASS!!!!!!

and if the OLED is better then the LED and then you put a gorila glass on BOTH OF THEM , the OLED is still better OVER ALL!!!! because the OLED PANEL!! is more durrable.

PS: here is your EXPERT opignion: http://expertscolumn.com/content/oled-advantages-and-disadvantages

#7: Durability: Another great advantage of OLED is that it is more durable than traditional screens. There chance of getting broken is comparitively less to LCD screens and other displays.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
My work here is done. Carry on.

wow you serious? the argument wasn’t Evan about gorilla glass.

dont tell me YOU where comparing ``gorilla glass`` TO ``gorilla glass`` , cause that’s pretty retarded of you . like comparing water to water. i think water taste better then water. LMAO!

seriously, little fan boys that dont know **** always argue with the more knowledgeable. Annoying.

ihpone 4 is less durable then the focus = MY POINT PROVEN!

gorila Glass OLED = more durable

Gorila Glass LED = less Durable.

( i put the words ``GORILA GLASS`` there JUST FOR YOU )

thanxs for comming out.
return your focus and go buy an Iphone , and go ahead and switch your self to the Iphone forums.

SanFranMan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just don't like the light, plasticky feel. I prefer something that feels more substantial. Like an iPhone 4, or the Dell Venue Pro (come to AT&T please!)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i still like ACTUAL durability over something that feels strong but is not. :p
i have a bad habbit of not being carfull with my stuff , if i had an iphone 4 it alredy be broken LOL! :p

Caballera#AC

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I think some people think that the Focus is 'cheap' is because it's so light. When I first picked up the focus at the AT&T store I though it was some 'fake' demo model. I held it and thought, "wow, no way could it be this light, maybe the battery has been removed". When you hold the HTC Surround it has a noticeable weight to it. My personal preference is against sliders of any kind as they sliding part generally is the weakest point and the biggest part of fail. The Focus is by far the best WP7 Handset available by AT&T at this time. I'm hoping new WP7 handsets are released with the next couple of months that are even better.

vailjo91#WP

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the Focus but the reason I decided to go with the Surround is mainly because of the weight. When I have a phone that is light weight and made mainly of plastic that is a problem for me. Other then that I like the phone.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
. When I have a phone that is light weight and made mainly of plastic that is a problem for me. Other then that I like the phone.

you aware that the Surround is also made of plastic right? lol it just feels heavy. cause it has more hardware ... like the speaker. dont let the silver paint fool you.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
you aware that the Surround is also made of plastic right? lol it just feels heavy. cause it has more hardware ... like the speaker. dont let the silver paint fool you.

You aware the entire bezel around the screen on the Surround is aluminum and the stand and slide mechanism is steel right? Point is less plastic then the Focus. Anyone who denies the Surround doesn't feel more solid is a fool.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You aware the entire bezel around the screen on the Surround is aluminum and the stand and slide mechanism is steel right? Point is less plastic then the Focus. Anyone who denies the Surround doesn't feel more solid is a fool.

OH RIIIGHT! i remember now , lol that was an other reason i dint like the surround , cause of the SHARP Aluminum eages on he Bazel. , every time i slide my finguer to the edge it felt like it was scraping my finguer off ( i dunno if they all like that doh )

my bad! .

also for the kick stand--> LMAO!! it might be steel , lol but dont you find it feels really really cheap?? i remember trying to close to speaker thought i would break it. hehe :p

but the surround does feel stronger.. FEEL .. stronger

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The Focus' light weight actually became a positive for me. I work in the medical field and I'm always wearing scrubs. My previous phone, the e71x, a solid heavy phone, use to tug on my shirt or pants making it uncomfortable to carry. But the Focus is so light that it doesn't tug on my scrubs. So yeah, for me, the Focus' weight actually was a good thing.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped my Focus alot, hasnt broken or chipped in anyway. Doesnt feel very cheap to me. I guess its a good thing that I know light ≠ cheap and easily broken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes