Nokia / MS Lumia forums

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed that all the Lumia forums still have the name Nokia in them.

So we have forums for Nokia Lumia 1520, Nokia Lumia 930, Nokia Lumia 520 and so on.

Isn't it time to drop the Nokia name from these places as well as everywhere else (Well not if there is a forum for Nokia Here maps of course).

The future is the way we are going whether we like it or not :smile:

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Forum titles were linked to the devices in topic. So I think we will have to live with it as the hardware already sold to the customers wouldn't change its brand name via OTA update.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the 535 forum is branded Lumia 535.

I also understand that some phones listed will never probably see the Microsoft name on them, but phones like the 830, 735 and a few others probably will so what do you do then, have one forum for the ones that say Nokia and another for ones that say MS.

All the phones sold recently even if they still say Nokia are actually now Microsoft (Using name under license), so they are actually MS phones

I have a 1520, I call it a 1520, if anyone asks me what it is I say it's a Windows phone.

So much has changed here, the name of the site, the make up of the site to be Windows and not just Windows phone, all the software that used to be branded Nokia and was probably developed by Nokia is now called Lumia, why hold back on the forums.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia 630 registered by Microsoft (sticker says so) and I call the phone Nokia. The middle name Lumia belongs to @selop. The name is what I call it, easy as!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon