New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Missing information bugs

Are speaking of the WC app?
I use mTalk and both those issues don't exist.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
I should have mentioned.

I only access the forums from a PC. No app. But the things I mentioned are missing in Firefox, IE and Edge. I haven't tried other browsers but don't think this is a browser problem.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I should have mentioned.

I only access the forums from a PC. No app. But the things I mentioned are missing in Firefox, IE and Edge. I haven't tried other browsers but don't think this is a browser problem.

I seldom access the forums from a PC, so I can't comment. Doesn't sound like the browser though. Hopefully someone else chimes in.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
The IE11 itineration of Windows Central Forums seems to now be fixed and usable. That would be the MoNa style anyway. Thanks team.

The WC2012 style remains unstickable in both Edge and IE11 though.

Baby steps are progress nonetheless. Thanks team.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I seldom access the forums from a PC, so I can't comment. Doesn't sound like the browser though. Hopefully someone else chimes in.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Yep, not the browser, it's the site. I use all of the browsers and it's the same deal.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

But the things I mentioned are missing in Firefox, IE and Edge. I haven't tried other browsers but don't think this is a browser problem.

I tried Chrome also - it's missing there as well.
However it works for Android Central Forum.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

Hmm. I wonder if Microsoft is maintaining all these forums. Would explain why Android would come first.

'AC was the original testing bed. I believe changes are going to happen there first and then get pushed out to the other MoNa sites.'
This is what RumoredNow said in reply to an earlier post of mine.

bigblip00

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Please provide a high contrast theme for those of us with lower vision! The toggle between light and dark still does not provide enough contrast.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The Trending banner button game is too easy.

When the Trending banner is updated, the buttons to the right move right or left depending on the length of the trending thread title (see pictures).

The banner currently updates ever few seconds, which makes it WAY too easy to click on the desired button to the right of the banner. Personally, I think the banner should update every 1/4 second. But if that's not doable, maybe speed it up 1/4 second for a member every time they manage to click on a button before it moves.

Attachments

• Banner 1.png
    Banner 1.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Banner 2.png
    Banner 2.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 2

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a way to multi-quote more posts at a time?

Other than that I really like the new design. Very stylish :smile:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...is there a way to multi-quote more posts at a time?

Not right now. There is no multiquote button...

You have to quote a post and copy it to clipboard (because you can't even stack them the same way you used to be able to by hitting quote on another post and it shows up in the edit box with the previous quote - now hitting a second quote opens a new edit box and anything in the previous box is just gone)...

So quote one post, copy to clipboard. Quote second post and paste in first quote, copy all to clipboard. Quote third post and paste in first two quotes... Repeat as needed. A PITA to be sure, especially if the posts are on more than one page of the thread.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Not right now. There is no multiquote button...

So quote one post, copy to clipboard. Quote second post and paste in first quote, copy all to clipboard. Quote third post and paste in first two quotes... Repeat as needed. A PITA to be sure, especially if the posts are on more than one page of the thread.

Thanks for the reply. We would surely need this simple feature in the future updates. Until then, copy and paste will have to do :)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally I would like it if ignored posts weren't so hard to ignore. Maybe shrink it way down, without the avatar placeholder, and without bright colored buttons for unblocking?

ignore.jpg

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just came on site and was presented with the new design. My initial thoughts...

1. That homepage header is huge. I like big but that is HUGE. 4 boxes take up almost half of my screen at 1366x768 resolution.

2. I don't like that I can't tell if I am logged in unless I use the hamburger. And then it's just a small amount of text in a light shade of gray that is barely visible.

3. Not sure what that juicer looking icon on the top right of the story pages is supposed to represent or do but it just goes to a "server not found" page.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
C'mon, really?

I can't log out because THE ADVERTISEMENT COVERS THE LOGOUT BUTTON if I'm at the top of the page.

Capture01.png

It's like you just take delight in making the place less functional at every turn.

For the record, I'm retired... It doesn't show that I am, but trust me I retired from staff 5 weeks ago. So this is just my civilian opinion and not some official pronouncement.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
What I figured out on the new Website.

- Watchout for the Low quality of LOGO.
- Un-responsive website (even in CHROME)
- More ads can be seen under adblock-icon
- Sidebar images overlaps the navbar, menu.
Ui-1.png
Ui-2.png

- Menu doesn't opened on HOME-PAGE.
- ... finding more bugs...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes