Smartwatches that are compatible with Windows Phone?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Kreyos reckon they're very nearly shipping:

Hi Everyone,

Quick update: Our logistics partner is already picking and packing your orders and they estimate to complete shipping the Meteors out within the next couple of days. We apologize for the slight delay. As said in the update prior to this, we?ll be sending out emails once we?ve shipped. We?re also going to post an update on Facebook and on Indiegogo as soon as our partner completes fulfilling all orders.

Also, we noticed that there are some questions on the Meteors waterproofing and accelerometer. To clarify, the watch is waterproof up to 5 meters. While you can?t exactly dive with it, you can still do pool laps, swim with it or shower while wearing it. And yes, the Meteor definitely has a six-axis accelerometer and gyrometer.

All that being said, we look forward to finally getting the Meteors out to you guys!

Best Regards,
The Kreyos Team​

Anyone expecting one? And be able to tell us what it's like?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, It seems that people have started to get their tracking number. Also, on their Facebook page, a lot of comments from people that did get tracking number has their order messed up. For example, people ordered their watch (black male wrist band) but in the email it says that it is a female wrist band. Now Kreyos replied to those comments, saying that they are looking at it.

So I was part of the first 5000 backers list which my watch was suppose to be on the boat a couple months back...but never heard anything for this, and now I didn't received my tracking number yet...

Anyway, here is the email from Kreyos:

Hi Everyone,
We’re glad to announce that your orders have started shipping!
Our logistics partner have completed picking, packing and shipping a batch of orders yesterday and today and expect to complete shipping out all orders within the next couple of days.
Some of you have already received your tracking numbers via email. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for tracking information related to your order to appear on our partner’s site.
We apologize for slightly missing our last shipping estimate. We appreciate your patience throughout the entire project.
Our real work, however, has only begun. Now we need to listen and talk with you guys, hear what you have to say about the Meteor and its apps and work with you, the community, to fix any bugs you may find and develop new features and products that would complement what we already have out in the market.
As always, please email us at support@kreyos.com for any questions.
Best regards,
The Kreyos Team

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So I read some comments on the Kreyos last updates. Some users got their watches and they are posting some comments regarding the watch.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
When I have time, I read some comments on the Kreyos Facebook page and it doesn't look good since a lot of people are having issues with their watches

94Promille

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
That doesnt sound very well... lets hope they keep on updating and helping the custumors.. I also wanted to try this once i knew how it worked with wp 8.1.1, but i think thats it for now. I hope MS will show us somthing nice this year!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Slim. The press release about them working with Microsoft was pretty vague. And no such release came from Microsoft.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, so I got my tracking number and I should have my watch by this Friday. Also, Kreyos replied to one of my comments on their Facebook page that the WP app should be available in the next 48 hours.

When I will receive my watch, I will test it and post back here with my opinion about the watch and the app.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm waiting to hear about the Wellograph watch. Did it actually start shipping 25 August?
It doesn't seem to do a lot of the "smart" things, but as a fitness tracker that doesn't look like something Fisher Price designed, it's nice.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Finally received my watch today. I was able to bypass the setup because right now Kreyos didn't publish the app in the store yet. The Bluetooth connection was made instantly. Since I don't have the app, I couldn't update the firmware on the watch and also the only notification that I get is the calls (no caller ID) and text message but it shows as a call to on the watch. I guess that when we do get the app, I will be able to receive all notifications with details and info. Also the speaker and mic is not good. In my living room which was quiet, I was able to hear Cortana speaking out my text that I have received and I was able to reply from my watch. I've called my friend but he had a head time hearing me. So I will test some more, try to update the firmware with my girlfriend iPhone and hopefully we will have the app soon so I can use the watch more. Also I will test the battery.

Lukob

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have a question. I found some cheaper smartwatch and over bluetooth with your phone you can call, receive calls and sms on a watch. There is no special app for that watch.
The watch has Bluetooth V3.0. Do you think that this watch cloud work with Windows Phone, so I can for example answer calls on my Windows Phone through this watch?
Thank you :)

Last edited:

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I have a question. I found some cheaper smartwatch and over bluetooth with your phone you can call, receive calls and sms on a watch. There is no special app for that watch.
The watch has Bluetooth V3.0. Do you think that this watch cloud work with Windows Phone, so I can for example answer calls on my Windows Phone through this watch?
Thank you :)

Hi! What's the smartwatch that you are talking about?

Lukob

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi! What's the smartwatch that you are talking about?

Thank you for your response. :)
I'd like some cheaper watch with options to pair with Windows Phone. I like the possibility of receiving a notifications or sms from phone to watch for example. I was thinkink about Pebble watch, which apparently can be paired with Windows Phone or I found many cheap no brand watches, with no OS, but they can also be paired with Android or iOS phones. I also found some watch Kiccy S2 or something like that, that can be paired with Android or iOS and make on watch for example phone calls over bluetooth with my phone.
I'm just wondering if Windows Phone can work with devices like this too.

Or do you know any other cheaper watches that should work with Windows Phone?

Thank you. :)

Last edited:

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your response. :)
I'd like some cheaper watch with options to pair with Windows Phone. I like the possibility of receiving a notifications or sms from phone to watch for example. I was thinkink about Pebble watch, which apparently can be paired with Windows Phone or I found many cheap no brand watches, with no OS, but they can also be paired with Android or iOS phones. I also found some watch Kiccy S2 or something like that, that can be paired with Android or iOS and make on watch for example phone calls over bluetooth with my phone.
I'm just wondering if Windows Phone can work with devices like this too.

Or do you know any other cheaper watches that should work with Windows Phone?

Thank you. :)

Hi! Well I think they are others but they are not out yet. Also, right now, since the official release of the latest WP version is not out yet, I don't think that it would work. The latest version is WP8.1 GDR1 which is in preview mode right now. I have it installed and this is the first version of WP that you have a setting about smartwatch/wearables that you can link with it.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well somebody that bought a Kreyos smartwatch, was able to have a look at the firmware and was able to make some changes and fix almost if not all bugs. He will release his beta app this weekend and I'm part of the beta list. When I do install it, update my firmware and play with the watch, I will come back and report.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon