14393.693 for PC and Mobile users Available now.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
...Being almost 3 hours off the charger now and I'm sitting at 84%. For some reason messaging is showing at the top using 31% in 24hrs and 17% in 6 hrs in the battery settings. I noticed this last night and turned off message syncing but it does not seem to have helped. I might be seeing a hard reset again soon but I'll hold out for some more time to be sure.Sent from mTalk

After each OS update, cell phone continues communicating with OneDrive as well as reinstalling apps so measuring battery consumption better be at least 24 hrs after updates installed.

nizam ak

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
i usually do overnight charging. today morning when i unplugged it was 100% but after abt half hr and a reboot it fell to 82%.
usually its 5% dip in half hr(moderate use)
950xl productn with all apps updated
kept in 2g-data off
no wifi signal-so one drive sync is not the cause
may b bttry calibration.hopefully will sort itself out

WEIRD

Last edited:

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Only thing I've noticed so far is that I keep getting a notification that "your outlook settings are out of date". I have no idea what this might mean......outlook seems to be functioning fine. A couple of builds back, outlook wouldn't sync at all, kept giving an error message. Never could figure out why, and at some point it just started working again (before this latest build).

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Why is every update for Windows Mobile 10 a matter of "hey this works now, but this other thing is broken again!"? If the goal of keeping up with a mobile platform without any devices was to make sure they had an ecosystem ready and so they could use it for other devices outside of phones, I am nervous about the future of mobile windows devices. Is it so shaky because they know that nobody is using it?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
so about half the phones doing better, half doing worse, and a portion experiencing no change, like every minor .xxx build ever(excepting dark early TH2 mobile ages)

furthers my intent to only update to major builds, less potential for headaches along the way

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I've never really had any major issues since 14393 has been on my 950. Just wish battery usage/performance was better. Other than that for what I use it for everything works with each update and can't plainly say something is broke.

Sent from mTalk

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've never really had any major issues since 14393 has been on my 950. Just wish battery usage/performance was better. Other than that for what I use it for everything works with each update and can't plainly say something is broke.

Sent from mTalk

I could easily say the same thing as long as I don't touch android or ios, then I see their light shining on the dark spots on w10m that you stop seeing after a while in isolation and conformity

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 950 is doing much, Much, MUCH worse on this build; it's worse than it was on day one when it launched more than a year ago. I've carped about this in other threads but it just restarted itself for the fourth time today... #UtterGarbage

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
i usually do overnight charging. today morning when i unplugged it was 100% but after abt half hr and a reboot it fell to 82%.
usually its 5% dip in half hr(moderate use)
950xl productn with all apps updated
kept in 2g-data off
no wifi signal-so one drive sync is not the cause
may b bttry calibration.hopefully will sort itself out

WEIRD

It is. I disconnected at about 1pm today with a full charge, and it's now 8:30pm and I have 91%. So 9% drop, in standby (close to no usage so far), on WiFi, over about 7.5 hrs, which would mean that it now eats about 30% per 24 hrs, on standby. I have no idea if that's good or bad.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It is. I disconnected at about 1pm today with a full charge, and it's now 8:30pm and I have 91%. So 9% drop, in standby (close to no usage so far), on WiFi, over about 7.5 hrs, which would mean that it now eats about 30% per 24 hrs, on standby. I have no idea if that's good or bad.

aah that's really good, reminds me of my brand spanking new 928 when I made a similar post here

now under w10 I don't trust my battery when below 50%, it might say CRITICALLY LOWWW POWER OFF NOWWW!! in any given moment, oh and when you feel your pocket heating up, hmmm that's how a really annoying day starts

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
My battery level is now 87%. Full load at 1pm so since it's now 11pm that makes it 10hrs and 1.3% per hour on average. Again, this is with very moderate usage today.

As for the update;

The update process was very smooth and took place at night, including an automatic restart I think. I have no issues with it, and my Outlook Tiles update properly.

I actually wrote a post here where I explained that I tested Outlook by sending myself an email as well as made a new entry in my Outlook calendar. The appointment was within the hour, and so the Outlook Calendar Tile updated immediately and I got a notification right away. Same with my email.

I would have thought it might have been good information to share, that the Outlook Tile seems to work, but a moderator here called that trolling (PM) and then deleted the post. Too bad, but at least I 'get' the forum now. Perhaps I should look elsewhere for a better interchange of information.

Any ideas?

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
aah that's really good, reminds me of my brand spanking new 928 when I made a similar post here

now under w10 I don't trust my battery when below 50%, it might say CRITICALLY LOWWW POWER OFF NOWWW!! in any given moment, oh and when you feel your pocket heating up, hmmm that's how a really annoying day starts

Yeah, I've been pretty ok with battery usage so far. Today though it's with very limited usage today. I'll admit though that if I push the phone a lot with a bright display and surfing the web and watching videos it'll obviously drain a lot faster. ..... maybe I should test that at some point, just to see.

The warning I get only at lower levels. Say around 10%.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an auto reboot yet, 594 was annoying on my 950xl for that...

I seem to have a problem with auto brightness, if it starts ok, something makes it got darker and then stays that way. I lock screen and unlock screen to get the right brightness again.

I also sometimes get a super bright screen in a dark room seemingly when pull out from pocket and unlock near the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)