640XL dual SIM LTE on W10M build 10572

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Took about 3 hours total to roll back to 8.1 Update 2, upgrade to build 10572, do a hard reset and restore from backup.
First impression. Fastest build on my 640XL so far. Really snappy. Just as Daniel mentioned on his 1520, this feels almost "like a new phone". Boot is faster, no resuming from lockscreen.

First issue was messaging would crash on dual SIM phone. Had to link SIM 1 and 2 messaging tile to get it to work again. The blog post says that once you remove the SIM 2 messaging tile from start screen it will disappear from app list as well until after reboot. Well, on mine it never came back (I was already prepared to do another hard reset). It's nowhere to be seen. Linking was still possible though still and it fixed the crashing.

Camera opens instantly.
Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot access the "choose the best lighting" setting in the photo app for photos with rich capture on. The button is unresponsive and the option under edit as well.

Finally the highly anticipated option to have maps download to SDCard. The interop unlock hack for that didn't work anymore on previous build.

Storage reports that I have 2.6Gb left on the phone. This used to be below 2Gb with the same apps installed on prior build (no maps on phone).

love it so far. was worth the 1 step back and 2 steps forward.

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
so far it did not after I turned everything on to do the job even without WiFi. I will see if it will at least do that over WiFi tonight.
will look into this further...

edit: After some time at home on WiFi I found the pictures from today uploaded to OneDrive. I will try this again tomorrow on a cellular connection only again.

edit2: took a picture in the morning and it was in OneDrive later during the day in full resolution without WiFi. Seems to work fine here.

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Just updated mine from 8.1 to 10581.. Most of the things are missing especially my contacts.. Guess I need to do a hard reset on it now and see how it goes.
sounds to me that you are possibly not logged into the MS account correctly. I had this happen on earlier builds.
I always do a hard reset because I know that is the only way for me to get everything working as it should. Sometimes I even leave out the recovery from a backup.
Hope a hard reset will fix your missings things. It may take some time for many apps to update through the store before the phone is fully functional.

swsyd

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
sounds to me that you are possibly not logged into the MS account correctly. I had this happen on earlier builds.
I always do a hard reset because I know that is the only way for me to get everything working as it should. Sometimes I even leave out the recovery from a backup.
Hope a hard reset will fix your missings things. It may take some time for many apps to update through the store before the phone is fully functional.
Thanks for the reply. I checked my setting, all seams fine. I can use my account and store etc. And soft rest does not fix yet. Have not done a hard reset yet for this version. However, it was working fine in the beginning, only after few small update from store then it stopped working. And if take a look at the weather feedback section, there are lots of reports about this weather tile stopped update issues.

Alex Jong

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

Yeah. Did a hard reset and this time I didn't restore backup on it. As there were a lot of issues with the apps not working.apart from that everything seems to be working fine. Hopefully they fix the sd card issue on the next build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)