80072f8f error while checking for software update

Stan_Green

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
What worked for me was to back up the phone, as posted by Vilaveras, then do a factory reset, Settings->About->Reset. When the phone was restarting, in the time zone settings, uncheck the "Tell Microsoft my location...". (I'm not sure this was needed, but it seemed like a good thing to do.) I cannot say why this worked, but at least I am through the issue now.

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 820. Same thing.
I tried all the Region / Date+time tricks + more than 10 soft resets already... No solution yet.
Hope someone figures it out.

Btw, I was on build 512 but had to roll back a week ago to 8.1 (I never had an issue updating with same regional and date/time settings.

gq953

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I also have the same problems. I checked on other forums but it still didn't work. Trying to update to windows 10.

Kar98

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I've found the solution on my 1320 Latin American CV:

The only customization you should do to your phone is to set it to your preferred language (in my case, US English). Then let it run all the updates from the app store undisturbed. Don't restart when prompted, only when done downloading and installing this first batch of updates.

Then run OS updates, restart as prompted. Run them again until no more updates are found. Then, if wanted, install the developer preview app and run THOSE OS updates.

Only once you've done all these things should you: change the clock format to 24 hrs if wanted, change any of the keyboard settings (adding or removing languages), change the calendar to start the week on Monday, and adjust the time settings to your liking. It's one of these three things that results in error something thing f8f. Once you have the OS up to date, you can change the clock format to 24 hrs, etc. If you already messed this up, you need to reset your phone and start over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon