950XL Photos Location Mystery

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
950XL

Some photos saved on 950XL SD card do not display any location. However, when those photos are accessed on PC Photos locations are displayed. I suspect 950XL is too dumb to read loc GPS from photos on SD card but can do that when photos are copied to 1Drive...or something like this :crying::grincry:

CADOx

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
950XL

Some photos saved on 950XL SD card do not display any location. However, when those photos are accessed on PC Photos locations are displayed. I suspect 950XL is too dumb to read loc GPS from photos on SD card but can do that when photos are copied to 1Drive...or something like this :crying::grincry:

I am having that same problem. I thought it had deleted all my pics from my phone. That is stupid if it can't read from the sd...

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I've just checked the metadata on my 950xl photos and the locations are not there either. This is for photos on main memory and the SD card. I've checked with a metadata reader and the information isn't actually attached to the files... I'll give feedback....

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Looks like it is the camera app causing this. Location is on for camera but it still isn't recording. However, using a different camera app, ProShot, the location is being recorded in the metadata. Can't in/reinstall the camera app, don't want to do another hard reset on my daily driver.... Just too many of these basic glitches turning up for a production build OS.....:-(

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Looks like it is the camera app causing this. Location is on for camera but it still isn't recording. However, using a different camera app, ProShot, the location is being recorded in the metadata. Can't in/reinstall the camera app, don't want to do another hard reset on my daily driver.... Just too many of these basic glitches turning up for a production build OS.....:-(

Hard reset did not fix it on my 950XL.
MYSTERY: How come on 950XL a photo shows its location missing but same photo on 1Drive seen on PC Photos app shows proper location?!

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
That's strange. My photos are also in the cloud but the exif is also missing the gps info.. Don't know..?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset did not fix it on my 950XL.
MYSTERY: How come on 950XL a photo shows its location missing but same photo on 1Drive seen on PC Photos app shows proper location?!

and if the same photo is copied over from phone to pc via usb cable? Does the location info show on pc?

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
950XL

Interesting, I just went through some of my photos (saved to SD) and I did have a few that did not have a location included in them. Or at least not shown by the phone, but most of them did. I have not checked to see if OneDrive has the location for them. If it does, I wonder if it is an issue with how the GPS information is being stored for certain locations. I'm not really sure I'll have to check on this more often. FYI I'm on the fast ring latest build.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss