Accessories, Accessories, Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Does the device come with the tactil pencil? And what about a physical keyboard like the Surface Neo's one?
https://i1.wp.com/liliputing.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/surface-neo_01.jpg?resize=683,500&ssl=1

I think they're must-have accessories if you are using Surface Duo as professional tool.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you have a USB-C hub the Duo supports connecting HDMI Screens, USB Keyboards & Mice. I have not tried any but I would imagine Bluetooth KBD/Mouse would work as well.

Cheers,
BR

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you have a USB-C hub the Duo supports connecting HDMI Screens, USB Keyboards & Mice. I have not tried any but I would imagine Bluetooth KBD/Mouse would work as well.

Cheers,
BR

Thanks for the info. So, there are not "official" physical keyboard as the magnetic one in the Surface Neo? That adjust and fits exactly, doing it easy to carry and deploy.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. So, there are not "official" physical keyboard as the magnetic one in the Surface Neo? That adjust and fits exactly, doing it easy to carry and deploy.

Not that I have seen, It's still a very new device so who can say what we may yet see for our Duo's (I am hoping they are considered a success by MS and they continue to evolve and improve). To me this type of device is the direction I have been hoping for in mobile tech.

Cheers,
BR

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Not that I have seen, It's still a very new device so who can say what we may yet see for our Duo's (I am hoping they are considered a success by MS and they continue to evolve and improve). To me this type of device is the direction I have been hoping for in mobile tech.

Cheers,
BR

OK. The point of the kind of keyboard I described is that fits very well with the device and make it easy to carry it with the Duo, without being necessary to waste more space in it.

I'm not sure what would be better for me to work, the Duo or the Neo... the Neo seems to have better accesories for work, but the Duo is more "pocket friendly" and easy to carry, and gives the functionality of the phone, alowing to don't carry another mobile with it. If at least we could know the Neo price...

dsaelwuero

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
I bought the Otterbox folio for my Duo. I really want the Otterbox sleeve or any other similar but its isn't available yet. The folio though is nice and protective. It has a strip of adhesive tape to attach the Duo. I have had cases before use the same or similar adhesive and the claim was that it wouldn't lose its grip even if you remove the device from it often. I found that to be true in the past although I rarely removed my phone from it. There are some negatives on the folio.

Negatives:
- The main problem is it has a holder for a stylus, which I don’t have or intend to buy. The stylus holder gets in the way when you are trying to access the finger print reader. I wish it wasn't there. I can fit easily my index finger in there when in book mode but when folded in video mode I can’t get my thumb in there so I have to use my code.
- Another negative I find is you can't fold the Duo back all the way to use as a phone or camera. You'll have to remove it from the folio.
- It adds a significant amount of bulk to a super slim device.

Positives:
- It is very protective. I didn’t like the bumper so I removed it. The folio provides nice protection all around.
- I also like that I can place the Duo down on any surface and use it in laptop mode or video mode and the Duo never touches the table.

All in all I am happy to have it and know my expensive toy is protected.

dsaelwuero

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
I just received the Otterbox Ocity Sleeve for my Duo. It is super slim and nice. Later I will try to post some photos. On their website it looks box shaped but it isn’t. It has rounded edges and is form fitted. I have the bumper attached to my Duo and there is zero wiggle room. Without the bumper I assume it would slip in and out easily, but the magnetic latch is strong. It is so slim that it will still slip in my pockets. I am very happy with it.

PDAJAH

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
For those interested in the active pen, I found the slim pen works better with faster response compared to the Bamboo option and the Surface Pen for the Surface laptop 3.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just received the Otterbox Ocity Sleeve for my Duo. It is super slim and nice. Later I will try to post some photos. On their website it looks box shaped but it isn’t. It has rounded edges and is form fitted. I have the bumper attached to my Duo and there is zero wiggle room. Without the bumper I assume it would slip in and out easily, but the magnetic latch is strong. It is so slim that it will still slip in my pockets. I am very happy with it.

Where those photos, homie?

Harveysjag

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
How are you liking this case? I was thinking of ordering one. I am waiting to hear more reviews on it. How well does the duo fit with or without the bumpers in the case?

Thanks.

dsaelwuero

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
ok, finally i know, here are some pics of the otterbox sleeve. it is a tight form fit with the bumper. without might be even better because it would slip right out easily, but for now i’m sticking with the bumper.

Attachments

• FC1AD218-7A65-454B-8488-4F5D49723531.jpeg
    FC1AD218-7A65-454B-8488-4F5D49723531.jpeg
    959 KB · Views: 6
  • 23233DB4-933D-4F9B-9AE3-5FF4337625DA.jpeg
    23233DB4-933D-4F9B-9AE3-5FF4337625DA.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 61626A29-5D40-4209-B561-1ECDA004F512.jpeg
    61626A29-5D40-4209-B561-1ECDA004F512.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 6

Richard Durishin

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
SopiGuard black leather (pleather) skin. It's grippy. I'll order the gray bumpers when I get the chance. But this set up is, for me, a game changer. I no longer feel like I'm carrying an object of glass art through a glass art shop while wearing swim fins.20201009_145933.jpg

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I no longer feel like I'm carrying an object of glass art through a glass art shop while wearing swim fins.

This is the funniest thing I've read so far today. Thanks.

In other news, I ordered a Dbrand skin for my Surface Duo. It slipped out of my shorts pocket and fell from my couch to the wood floor. This is the result :(

6b982f1f-49d8-4210-be26-179d462d0e37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo