All Nokia Phones Sold Out

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My friend and I did a switch when the new iphone came out where he took my Lumia as his primary device and I took his iPhone and we used it for the past few weeks. Now that i am back to my Lumia as my full-time device, he wanted to go ahead and purchase himself a Lumia 1020.

However, we discovered that almost every Lumia on At&t is not available to purchase online(and a few stores in the area only have a specific color). Now i Know new LUmias are being announced shortly but I was a bit shocked to see that almost every Lumia device Except the black 920 is currently sold out/unavailable for purchase.

It makes me wonder are At&t getting ready to announce something even bigger.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The recent announcement about MSFT buying the Nokia hardware divisions may have caused a slight run on devices... There are some who might view it as end to Nokia's legendary quality and they want a device built under their Quality Control before it ends...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The recent announcement about MSFT buying the Nokia hardware divisions may have caused a slight run on devices... There are some who might view it as end to Nokia's legendary quality and they want a device built under their Quality Control before it ends...

I'm not so sure that would be the reason. Nokia smartphones were never that popular in the US (especially on AT&T); more people used Palm, BlackBerry or WinMo devices back in the day. I believe the E71 (circa 2009) was the last Nokia smartphone AT&T carried until the Lumia 900 (April 2012).

If the sellout occurred on a European or Asian site, I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

goodintentions

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Not necessarily. I'm just old enough to remember when everything was Nokia before Samsung and apple took over. Both my folks who are retired agreed immediately when I offered to buy them Nokia phones to replace their old galaxy s's. Before the galaxy s's, all their phones were Nokia phones.

Older generation trust the brand more.

kaybee327

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Not necessarily. I'm just old enough to remember when everything was Nokia before Samsung and apple took over. Both my folks who are retired agreed immediately when I offered to buy them Nokia phones to replace their old galaxy s's. Before the galaxy s's, all their phones were Nokia phones.

Older generation trust the brand more.

I can beat you ------ I can remember when we only had pigeons but my first mobile was a Nokia :grin:

Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc