Alliances in Age of Empires Castle Siege!!!

bmacarthur

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
What's going on with WPCentral? They were the first WPC alliance but they're ranked last among those with the WP Central name. People stop playing?

AznRaven

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
What's going on with WPCentral? They were the first WPC alliance but they're ranked last among those with the WP Central name. People stop playing?

i'm still playing... but i'm kinda put off by the disconnects... and getting attacked by players who are way more advanced... not just more advanced by 1 age by sometimes, by 2 age higher...
it kinda annoying... and whenever they attack you... you lose so much crowns!!!
i lost 25 crown in the last attack...
and the thing is... you can't do anything about it because your army would get slaughtered by their base...
another thing is... when you do a revenge battle, they can revenge battle you back...
it doesn't end at just 1 revenge battle... me and another player was doing revenge battle back and forth...
we have 6 revenge battles so far... back and forth...
not like clash of the clans where,
you get attacked...
you revenge battle...
they cant attack you back...
there's no revenge against a revenge battle in clash of clans... they need to implement that in this game...

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
There needs to be a much longer grace period between attacks. Going 20 hours or so without logging in and coming back to see your base has been attacked 3-4 times is crazy.

bmacarthur

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Azn are you posting that suggestion on the official game forums? The game is new and the developers are looking for input from the players. For instance, there is a lot of discussion about cavalry being overpowered. Talking about game improvements here isn't going to get your message to the right people.

Ditto, jmerry. On the other hand, I read that the "peace treaty" you get after being attacked is influenced by the strength of the person who attacked you, so if someone much stronger than you attacked you (which happens because if the matchmaking system can't find anyone at their strength to fight -- as opposed to saying, "There's no one for you to attack right now, take a break.") then your peace treaty will be much longer, possibly up to 12 hours. I guess the corollary to that is that if someone around your strength attacks you, there isn't much of a peace treaty afterwards to prevent others from attacking.

AznRaven

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Azn are you posting that suggestion on the official game forums? The game is new and the developers are looking for input from the players. For instance, there is a lot of discussion about cavalry being overpowered. Talking about game improvements here isn't going to get your message to the right people.

Ditto, jmerry. On the other hand, I read that the "peace treaty" you get after being attacked is influenced by the strength of the person who attacked you, so if someone much stronger than you attacked you (which happens because if the matchmaking system can't find anyone at their strength to fight -- as opposed to saying, "There's no one for you to attack right now, take a break.") then your peace treaty will be much longer, possibly up to 12 hours. I guess the corollary to that is that if someone around your strength attacks you, there isn't much of a peace treaty afterwards to prevent others from attacking.

yea... posted about 15-20 suggestions in the official forums already... under the name aznraven also...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Matchmaking can be fixed by warning players if they are 2+ levels above you that they won't get any resources if they attack. Revenge battles should be like CoC as jmerry stated. I've also noticed cavalry being overpowered, they can easily wipe out an entire attacking army.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The peace treaty should be based on how much of your base gets destroyed, as in coc. It's making it very difficult for a casual player like myself to accumulate resources for upgrades. Every time I log in after a day or so, my base has been attacked 3-5 times, and I have 0 resources. I'm sure if I played it multiple times a day it would be different, but I don't really have time for that. It's probably just not the game for me. CoC seems to be better balanced for casual and serious players.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I like some of the differences in AOE than COC, the revenge thing is good because if you want to stop being attacked, then dont revenge attack. Naturally, when you get attacked, you want payback, so i dont see a purpose of locking the revenge after one attack. It may be a good mechanic for coc, but i dont see it as an issue for AOE.

AOE does need to have a alliance chat, but also unit donations. The alliance feature doesnt really do much besides laddering and watching replays, but a real alliance allows to support each other and it doesnt.

While AOE is a clash of clans clone, i like the differences in AOE and less grinding it takes early game. The abilty to collect gold daily and also gain gold in battles is a great change from COC which only allows you to collect gems by buying or digging up trees.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
i'm still playing... but i'm kinda put off by the disconnects... and getting attacked by players who are way more advanced... not just more advanced by 1 age by sometimes, by 2 age higher...
it kinda annoying... and whenever they attack you... you lose so much crowns!!!
i lost 25 crown in the last attack...
and the thing is... you can't do anything about it because your army would get slaughtered by their base...
another thing is... when you do a revenge battle, they can revenge battle you back...
it doesn't end at just 1 revenge battle... me and another player was doing revenge battle back and forth...
we have 6 revenge battles so far... back and forth...
not like clash of the clans where,
you get attacked...
you revenge battle...
they cant attack you back...
there's no revenge against a revenge battle in clash of clans... they need to implement that in this game...

25 crowns in one attack? didn't know that was possible. The most i've lose in one attack is 7 crowns, but sometimes i get attacked three times in a day to lose 15-20, but never seen 25 in one attack.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Off topic.

Anybody here have same problem with me?
When I play AOE using my wifi or data, my lumia 1520 wp8.1 update 1 very hot. And my screen start jumping not responsive. To undo this by lock the phone and after unlock can control the screen. But after few seconds the problem start again until I shut off the phone and restart after 5~ 10min to cool down. Seem this game only cause overheat to my phone. 😠

AznRaven

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
25 crowns in one attack? didn't know that was possible. The most i've lose in one attack is 7 crowns, but sometimes i get attacked three times in a day to lose 15-20, but never seen 25 in one attack.
1.jpg
11.jpg

here's a couple battles where i lost 34 crowns and 26 crowns...

AznRaven

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I like some of the differences in AOE than COC, the revenge thing is good because if you want to stop being attacked, then dont revenge attack. Naturally, when you get attacked, you want payback, so i dont see a purpose of locking the revenge after one attack. It may be a good mechanic for coc, but i dont see it as an issue for AOE.

reason for 1 time revenge battle is to get some of your stolen loot back w/o worrying that they will attack you back

when you're attacked by someone that's 1 or 2 age higher than you... it's pretty hopeless... your defense cant do anything... and your army can't defeat their base... you're pretty much screwed if you revenge them... cuz they will revenge you back... that sucks cuz their army can over power your defense easily...

since you most likely can't destroy their castle... you just raid their storage for the loot and recovery back w/e you can get...

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
My in game handle is MoggSquad. I am currently in one of the WPCentral alliances (red shield with black emblem in middle) and at 1,000 crowns. Definitely interested in joining an active alliance.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I revenge attacked someone who attacked me and I was unsuccessful. It allowed them to revenge attack me back. I lost close to 100 crowns in those 3 battles.

reason for 1 time revenge battle is to get some of your stolen loot back w/o worrying that they will attack you back

when you're attacked by someone that's 1 or 2 age higher than you... it's pretty hopeless... your defense cant do anything... and your army can't defeat their base... you're pretty much screwed if you revenge them... cuz they will revenge you back... that sucks cuz their army can over power your defense easily...

since you most likely can't destroy their castle... you just raid their storage for the loot and recovery back w/e you can get...

AznRaven

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
My in game handle is MoggSquad. I am currently in one of the WPCentral alliances (red shield with black emblem in middle) and at 1,000 crowns. Definitely interested in joining an active alliance.

hardly any of the wpcentral players chat on here...
i'm interested in joining an active alliance also...
currently... there's no benefit to the alliance...
if you notice... you can even attack ppl in the same alliance right now...
saw a few ppl who i attacked was in the same alliance!!!
they need to make it so that ppl can't attack same alliance members...
​so lame...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb