And so I'm no longer buying a 1520...

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
`The title make me like: Oh now,he is gonna move to another to other OS"
But then i was like "That guy is right"
Personally,if i had the money i would do that too,instead of buying the 1520,i would wait for another flagship phone by our lovely nokia :)

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Also, the anticipated phone is expected to appear as slim as the Lumia 928. It also means that the phone could be made of metal, just like the Lumia 928.

Yeah I wouldn't really call this a credible source with mistakes like that. They also call the supposed 1525 the 1520, the twitter leaks page also only has 2 posts, both in the last 2 days...

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll believe it when I see it, but at the moment, doubting it highly. If it was Evleaks, it would be a different story, but this sounds like a hoax, sorry.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't be dumb. There's no legitimate source there. @Nextleaks, the guy who supposedly "leaked" that information, has already deleted the tweet regarding the 1820.

These are silly baseless claims that can't be trusted.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I kind of get his point. The phone is 2 months old already, and not released here in Canada, so I kind of feel the same way. I don't want to pay top money for old hardware. I'm a day one early adopter so now I've gotten to the point where I don't want it. Maybe they'll do better on their next release and I will consider them again.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I kind of get his point. The phone is 2 months old already, and not released here in Canada, so I kind of feel the same way. I don't want to pay top money for old hardware. I'm a day one early adopter so now I've gotten to the point where I don't want it. Maybe they'll do better on their next release and I will consider them again.

what newer hardware are you expecting? The snapdragon 805 is not in mass production yet and history shows that phones don't get the newer chips til mid to late in the year. So you always half a year late regardless.

I'm an early adopter too, but its not gonna kill to get a phone 2 months old IMO. I just roll with it. I usually get something every year habitually.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
what newer hardware are you expecting? The snapdragon 805 is not in mass production yet and history shows that phones don't get the newer chips til mid to late in the year. So you always half a year late regardless.

I'm an early adopter too, but its not gonna kill to get a phone 2 months old IMO. I just roll with it. I usually get something every year habitually.

They're not the only ones making Windows phones. I'll spend my money with a company who wants to put a phone in my hand in a reasonable amount of time. I wouldn't want to support bad customer service. And I too buy a phone every year.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
If you're always waiting for the next newest best thing, you'll always be waiting. There's very little in terms of hardware features that Nokia can add to their unannounced phones that I would need. I mean, if you're concerned that a 2 month phone is too outdated for you, I think you have larger issues. While you guys are waiting for new phones I'll be enjoying my 1520 :)

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
They're not the only ones making Windows phones. I'll spend my money with a company who wants to put a phone in my hand in a reasonable amount of time. I wouldn't want to support bad customer service. And I too buy a phone every year.

So lets talk about the WP OEM.

1. Who has made any phone that had current up to date specs?

2. What company has made up to date specs and released them on time?

3. Who is providing better customer service than Nokia?

Other OEM are currently speculated rumors and nothing to fall back on. And the other OEM like ZTE, Huawei, are focusing on the Asian market with mid range specs. Samsung has shown how they make a phone and takes even longer than Nokia to get the phone out and HTC...

So no matter what phone is shown with new specs, none have ever been released on time. With Nokia running 92% of the WP market, there's not much other.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're always waiting for the next newest best thing, you'll always be waiting. There's very little in terms of hardware features that Nokia can add to their unannounced phones that I would need. I mean, if you're concerned that a 2 month phone is too outdated for you, I think you have larger issues. While you guys are waiting for new phones I'll be enjoying my 1520 :)

I think it's unreasonable to have to wait that long for a company to release a phone and watch your attitude! The world doesn't revolve around you. I'll speak with my wallet you speak with yours.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I think it's unreasonable to have to wait that long for a company to release a phone and watch your attitude! The world doesn't revolve around you. I'll speak with my wallet you speak with yours.

I think you're taking my comment a bit personally, my attitude is fine. And I doubt it's only up to Nokia, there's these entities called carriers, that, you know, carry the phones. Someone's awfully touchy.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb