And so I'm no longer buying a 1520...

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
People forget to realize that hardware grows at a faster pace than production. Most of these companies have been in production stages well before something new is announced. Its not as simple as just scrapping current plans and restarting.

I just want to know what nee hardware are you expecting in the next two months? Cause then you'll be four months behind. What company other than Apple has ever released something in a timely fashion after its been announced? Most of these companies announce things because of some major event like CES and MWC well before the product is even available.

If you was buying a 920, I'd understand but come on.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Lame excuses. And yes I was looking forward to it.

you still haven't answered any questions I brought forth and your only answer is lame excuses.

I understand. Let me know when your other OEM phone releases a high end up to date spec in a timely fashion with superior customer service

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
you still haven't answered any questions I brought forth and your only answer is lame excuses.

I understand. Let me know when your other OEM phone releases a high end up to date spec in a timely fashion with superior customer service

What part of " I'm not supporting a company that can't get a phone in my hand in a timely fashion. " don't you understand? It's my money and I don't play seconds. They can sell it those people who are interested but I'm not one of those people. That's the risk they take when they make customers wait. You can lose the sale. Same thing with a grocery store without enough cashiers.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
... because the promise of better things has me hooked...
Lumia 1820 and Lumia 1525: Detailed Specs Revealed for Nokia 2014 Flagships | Nokia - Gizbot

ps There's another reason. Getting a 1520 here in the UK is a total pita. The SIM-free cost is ridiculous and needs to come down imo. For the 920, we got close to the dollar price. For the 1520, it's at least 1.5 times as much.

You can get a Nokia Lumia 1520 brand new on ebay for ?388 delivered. Any colour and open to any network.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What part of " I'm not supporting a company that can't get a phone in my hand in a timely fashion. " don't you understand? It's my money and I don't play seconds. They can sell it those people who are interested but I'm not one of those people. That's the risk they take when they make customers wait. You can lose the sale. Same thing with a grocery store without enough cashiers.

ok. You gonna be waiting. Thanks for answering my questions.

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You can get a Nokia Lumia 1520 brand new on ebay for ?388 delivered. Any colour and open to any network.
Ok. So my original post was a little provocative and yes, if you wait for the next best thing, you'll always be waiting.

But where are these <?400 1520s you speak of? Non uk supplied and you're likely to get hit with customs.

Nokia are marketing this phone appallingly in the UK... Especially as a sim free option.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok. So my original post was a little provocative and yes, if you wait for the next best thing, you'll always be waiting.

But where are these <?400 1520s you speak of? Non uk supplied and you're likely to get hit with customs.

Nokia are marketing this phone appallingly in the UK... Especially as a sim free option.

Hey, Im in the same boat as you. It has not yet been released in Sweden. I first looked at Ebay in UK and Germany (to avoid customs) but the prices was to high.
Ive just bought this one from the US and the price after customs is still going to be 17% lower then Swedish retail and I get it in red (not sold here at all). The seller allso asked me what I wanted the price on the box to be, I didnt go bananas and wrote it down by 150 dollars (so it will seem belivable). Then where talking 25% less than Swedish retail.
I can get back to you when I have it and know if it worked alright,
New Nokia Lumia 1520 Quad Core 20MP 4G LTE Factory Unlocked 32GB Red Phone | eBay

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I kind of get his point. The phone is 2 months old already, and not released here in Canada, so I kind of feel the same way. I don't want to pay top money for old hardware. I'm a day one early adopter so now I've gotten to the point where I don't want it. Maybe they'll do better on their next release and I will consider them again.
Equally, whatever come next canada will get them 2 mo later. Does not see the argument here.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree that you shouldn't just sit there waiting for something new, but there are times when it is appropriate. This is one of those times. I, and many people like me, am looking for a WP that has similar specs to a 1520 with smaller dimensions. If they want to make it even more powerful and add additional features, I am all for it, but even a smaller version of the same thing would be okay with me.

I would love to sit and wait for the first MS branded phone, but I don't think that will be for a long time.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Saw this write up a while back, and the fact that WPC has put zero effort into reporting it should sum up the chances of this being accurate.

I am waiting on the L1520 simply because I am a stinking cheapskate. I didn't pounce when the phone was 99.00 on contract here in the U.S., and I feel stupid now. If anything happens to my L900 I will get it with a smile on my face and close my eyes while I am paying the 150.00 on contract.

Otherwise, I actually understand waiting. MWC is coming, and if nothing else that will satisfy most peoples curiosity if something more to their liking is coming.

But as far as specs, this bad boy is the bomb and it is as future proof as any device from any OEM running any OS can be. The processor will be more then strong/fast enough to handle any WP 8.1 upgrades, the graphics chip will handle any game being put out on mobile this calander year, and the screen is a pop your retina's out colorful masterpiece. I can not understand NOT buying except it's price (what the thread originator stated was the main hang up) or if the 6" screen is just too big for your tastes.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Ummm yeah. According to your avatar, the phone you are currently sporting is a Galaxy Note - not a Note II. You don't even have the latest technology for your current device.

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If that 1820 is real....I love the 1520 I do, it is perfectly spec'd for me besides one major thing. The size. Its too much to wield as a daily driver daily for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss