And so I'm no longer buying a 1520...

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
If you keep waiting for the better phone you'll never get a new phone.
\

Well, not exactly...

At this time, the new phones are not all that new... Yes, hardware they offer a new feature or two, but out side of that the experience is just the same with any other windows phone. I am looking forward to a new windows phone that is for sure on par with their next generation of hardware/software direction... Namely a phone that is not upgraded to windows 8.1 but one that has 8.1, the noted hardware changes like the lack of a back button, etc. Shoot, even though I have a few devices with Qi, if the industry really goes to PMA, than I want that... I don't want a case to add any functionality. I want a real flagship like the 920 was... It set a standard that the others are just slight revisions... Good ones, but nothing really new.

I buy enough stuff to test (tech junkie) and have had my fair share of windows mobile/phones, namely, tilt, tilt 2, the quantum, focus, 900 and the 920. I want the 1020 and thought about the 1520, but still my 920 stayed true and blue, err... white. I am a MS fan and have a few people I influenced to get the 920, surface, xbone etc, but I just really cant justify jumping up the hardware that offers little compared to what I have... Even more, the whole update thing is a PITA with waiting and such.. Whatever device is out now, no matter how new, will mostly likely have a long/inconvenient wait for 8.1 or so... Just going by history alone.

So, yes, as far as technology goes, if you continue to wait you will never jump in... But for those of us who do jump in, why continue climb out just to jump back in repeatedly in the same pool? I want to climb out and jump into another that is better, not the same as I already am in... I mean, what's the real point? To support the system? To have the latest?? Just to in the end be no better than the rest of us.

Here is to the FUTURE!:cool:

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Exactly my point,
If you wait for 1820 / 1525, by the time these phones will be released their be rumors about something better than that.

Maybe it is not waiting for the latest, but waiting for one that you really want or one that fits your requirements. So many time we get caught up on having the latest or the next version when in reality, the incremental change will do little to change how we use the one we currently have. I understand wanting to support the platform, but it is really not by burden to prove or support it. believe me, I am a technology junkie, but I also understand where I am being ridiculous with upgrades. I am personally tired of it...

Technology, supposed to aid our lives, yet it complicates and takes more time from us by researching, configuring, stressing, babying, etc. I guess I am just on my way to try to get a life outside of it.. I am sure one day I will go off the grid... That's what I get for working in the industry I have a passion about, lol.

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I'm not upset at all I sign a two year with the 1520 even with this rumoured phone, its already way too powerful for a phone (I don't get the point of having a console in my pants I guess :p) and the screen is so crisp that it already shows no pixels (I also happen to be the guy that doesn't get why 720p wasn't good enough since alot of reviews couldn't tell the difference between the two this last year :p) I can wait to years for the built in sensor upgrades to really improve a shocking amount :p

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion there are right and wrong times to upgrade, if you aren't in a hurry to get a new phone. I always try to buy a phone that I see that it has the potential to stay as a flagship device for as long as possible. At least 6 months. That's why I bought the LUMIA 920. Now, the 1520 doesn't seem a right purchase for me. Not when you know that in 2 months you will seriously start getting information about WP8.1 devices! Makes a lot more sense to purchase a flagship device being released in May, when you know almost for sure that the next one is only going to be realised in November.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo