Annoying Woman from a famous site reviews Lumia 1020 .. irks people off including me

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think this is more of a camera phone review rather than a full review.

I follow c|net because there are some decent editors there but I wish someone can put a dash of sense into her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OI4NRZqEqM

The only thing true is the capture delay. My god woman , she just said she can't post to Facebook from a Windows Phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anooying Woman from a famous site reviews Lumia 1020 .. irks people off including me

Clearly an uninformed reporter that has no idea what shes doing/not researching anything. Annoying.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anooying Woman from a famous site reviews Lumia 1020 .. irks people off including me

Well, as far as shutter speed goes I'd have to agree. Though I haven't personally used the 1020, shutter speeds in Windows Phone are generally very slow and that makes it difficult to use in certain situations, like taking photos of the kids.
I dislike the iPhone very much, but in all honesty, I'm kinda jealous that my sister can take a bunch of pictures with hers in just a few seconds while my Windows Phone is struggling to focus.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Edit: sorry for the typo in the title. I think this is more of a camera phone review rather than a full review.

I follow c|net because there are some decent editors there but I wish someone can put a dash of sense into her.

The only thing true is the capture delay. My god woman , she just said she can't post to Facebook from a Windows Phone.

*Instant face palm*
just unbelievable, you can tell she literally took the phone out of the box right before starting the review... So ignorant it hurts to watch...

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I dislike the iPhone very much, but in all honesty, I'm kinda jealous that my sister can take a bunch of pictures with hers in just a few seconds while my Windows Phone is struggling to focus.

The Smart Cam application helps with burst shots, as does Microsoft's own Blink app. If you get the timing right with Smart Cam you can get some nice action shots. You have to learn the camera UI on the 1020; it isn't going to be a straight up point and click affair if you want to get the results Nokia has been touting all this time. Can you get lucky? Yes.

I didn't watch the review - did she really say she couldn't post a photo to Facebook? My kids take 5-10 minutes with a phone and have the basic functionality down. My daughter (10) is using my old Lumia 900. If she was on social networks (which won't happen until she is 30) she would be posting to Facebook. Instead, she celebrates milestones in her life with her extended family sharing pictures she takes.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Well, as far as shutter speed goes I'd have to agree. Though I haven't personally used the 1020, shutter speeds in Windows Phone are generally very slow and that makes it difficult to use in certain situations, like taking photos of the kids.

Can you please share the facts? It would be really useful, I am not being sarcastic at all :).

I do agree that Lumia 1020 is slower than iPhone 5. I am not sure about other Windows Phones (includes HTC, Sammy phones)

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The Smart Cam application helps with burst shots, as does Microsoft's own Blink app. If you get the timing right with Smart Cam you can get some nice action shots. You have to learn the camera UI on the 1020; it isn't going to be a straight up point and click affair if you want to get the results Nokia has been touting all this time. Can you get lucky? Yes.

I didn't watch the review - did she really say she couldn't post a photo to Facebook? My kids take 5-10 minutes with a phone and have the basic functionality down. My daughter (10) is using my old Lumia 900. If she was on social networks (which won't happen until she is 30) she would be posting to Facebook. Instead, she celebrates milestones in her life with her extended family sharing pictures she takes.

ya she did say she can't post to facebook :D ... People like her make me want to correct them so bad.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

what a dumb *****! she calls the iphone 5 the best camera shartphone? LOL. she also says you cant share pictures to facebook? she should be fired for claiming such fake crap

also everyone do me a favour, log into your youtube accounts, give this video as many dislikes as you can so it automatically gets removed from youtube

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

what a dumb *****! she calls the iphone 5 the best camera shartphone? LOL. she also says you cant share pictures to facebook? she should be fired for claiming such fake crap

also everyone do me a favour, log into your youtube accounts, give this video as many dislikes as you can so it automatically gets removed from youtube

haha .. I am subscribed to c|net, they have some good people. This video already has negative reviews, I hope people from here at least comment about the wrong stuff and not be abusive ..

Peace :D:D

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Can you please share the facts? It would be really useful, I am not being sarcastic at all :).

I do agree that Lumia 1020 is slower than iPhone 5. I am not sure about other Windows Phones (includes HTC, Sammy phones)

Yeah, I mean, I love Windows Phone and I actually sell them, so I've personally used the LG Quantum, Dell Venue Pro, Samsung Focus Flash, HTC 8X, Lumia 620, Lumia 820, Lumia 822 and Lumia 920. I like to know and use the products I sell. Yet, none of this phones can compare to the iPhone as far as shutter speed goes. I don't know exactly what iPhone my sister was using last Christmas. Must have been the iPhone 4, but it was very fast to snap pictures of the kids opening their presents.

I'll try wamsille's tips. Yet, I think we shouldn't need special apps to enjoy faster shutter speeds.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I mean, I love Windows Phone and I actually sell them, so I've personally used the LG Quantum, Dell Venue Pro, Samsung Focus Flash, HTC 8X, Lumia 620, Lumia 820, Lumia 822 and Lumia 920. I like to know and use the products I sell. Yet, none of this phones can compare to the iPhone as far as shutter speed goes. I don't know exactly what iPhone my sister was using last Christmas. Must have been the iPhone 4, but it was very fast to snap pictures of the kids opening their presents.

I'll try wamsille's tips. Yet, I think we shouldn't need special apps to enjoy faster shutter speeds.

well if the Lumia had such a rubbish camera like iphone im sure it'd also be able to shut as fast.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

haha .. I am subscribed to c|net, they have some good people. This video already has negative reviews, I hope people from here at least comment about the wrong stuff and not be abusive ..

Peace :D:D

well looking at the comments seems some of the comments aint so nice. lol :D

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Edit: sorry for the typo in the title. I think this is more of a camera phone review rather than a full review.

I haven't checked the video yet, but let me guess... Jessica Dolcourt? What she said about the Lumia 810 (my first Windows Phone) in her review of it made me roll my eyes. She's clearly biased toward Android and Samsung. -_-

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I haven't checked the video yet, but let me guess... Jessica Dolcourt? What she said about the Lumia 810 (my first Windows Phone) in her review of it made me roll my eyes. She's clearly biased toward Android and Samsung. -_-

No, not Jessica her name is Molly Wood. She makes useless shows on c|net called Always On. wow, reading all the comments on the Youtube video and here I think c|net need to get proper informed people.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Everyone dislike, this is a disgrace as usual.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I just hate idiots that want the best camera possible and then whine that there is no instagram to ruin the great photos. She propably also did not hear about the countless apps that can post to instgram and even have agreements with instagram to do so from WP, such ingnorance, I would expect that from a layman consumer not a tech site reviewer.

Nokia should name and shame some of these reviews in their adds for spreading misinformation about their products.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm literally watching/listening to the video now. Wow, is she dumb. She doesn't know how to upload photos from Windows Phone to Facebook? The iPhone 5 has the best camera on a smartphone? Wow, just... Wow!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm literally watching/listening to the video now. Wow, is she dumb. She doesn't know how to upload photos from Windows Phone to Facebook? The iPhone 5 has the best camera on a smartphone? Wow, just... Wow!

and don't forget that she will "NEVER" be able to post to instagram from Windows phone ... She really wished she could ... :p

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

she's really dumb, I actually watched a few of her other videos for fun, and came to the conclusion that she's absolutely bloody dumb blonde bimbo! lol

Need4Geek

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Oh, and she couldn't take a photo of those bubbles with the 1020. No, it's shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo